Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion/A-EON introduce us to the AmigaOne X1000. A new beginning?  (Read 74938 times)

Description:

Offline mingle

• Show all replies
@koaftder,

Don't be so damn cynical - it also has 10 of those new-fangled USB ports! :-)

Mike.

Offline mingle

• Show all replies
Re: Hyperion/A-EON introduce us to the AmigaOne X1000. A new beginning?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »
@coldfish +1

Exactly... It'll no doubt be a boost for the enthusiasts who like this sort of system, but for the rest of the computing world it'll (unfortunately) be just as relevant as the AmigaOne, Sam, Efika or Minimig...

I'm guessing (a BIG guess, knowing nothing about pricing atm , but...) total sales would be in the sub-1000 region, so it will remain a hobbyist box...

Not saying I won't get one though! :-)

Cheers,

Mike.

Offline mingle

• Show all replies
Re: Hyperion/A-EON introduce us to the AmigaOne X1000. A new beginning?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »
I think most people don't care about their computing platform, so long as they can surf the next, type up a few letters and sync to their iPod... Blandness and/or boredom aren't an issue,,

All of the non-techie/dweebies I know think of their PCs as nothing more than a tool - in the same way as their DVD player, fridge and microwave... They aren't interested in the OS, the hardware or anything, as long as it works when they turn it on...

It's only really people who are interested in the underlying technology who's interest will be piqued by the X1000...

Mike.