Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion/A-EON introduce us to the AmigaOne X1000. A new beginning?  (Read 74967 times)

Description:

Offline Dr_Righteous

• Show all replies
What catches my attention, and what I believe makes this setup far superior to all other attempts so far, is Xorro and Xena.

Think about all of the devices the community has hacked together for our beloved Amiga Zorro slots and clock ports. This is "come hack me" hardware built into the design! Pure genius!

Sorry, had that early-90's geek excitement stir up. I don't get that feeling very often these days.
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -

Offline Dr_Righteous

• Show all replies
Re: Hyperion/A-EON introduce us to the AmigaOne X1000. A new beginning?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Quote from: billt;536768
Someone will make a Xorro board. I will be suprised if not. What does XMOS want you to use a Xorro board for? What do you want to use it for? There will probably be a number of choices, to provide different kinds of IO at the rear. Ethernet ports? Audio connectors? Midi? Xcore based Minimig port connectors? Joystick? Clock Port? Floppy port?

Of course they will. I'm sure Jens Schoenfeld is salivating at this very moment.
- Doc

A4000D, A3640 OC-36.3MHz, custom tower, Mediator A4000D. Diamond Banshee 16M, Indivision AGA 4000, GVP HC+8.

Mac Mini 1.5GHz, that might run MorphOS someday, when the fools who own it come to the realization that 30 minutes just isn\'t enough time to play with it enough to decide whether or not you like it enough to cough up $200.

- Someone please design SOME kind of DIY accelerator for the A4000. :D -