Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (QUESTION) Are AmigaOne owners bieng asked to keep quiet????  (Read 4562 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
Quite an amusing thread :-)

Reminds me of Blackadder 4, and Baldrick's suggestion of how to find out who was the German spy in the field hospital, going around asking everyone "are you a German spy?"

Or going up to any official and asking "is there a conspiracy?"

Meerschaum, you're in danger of getting a reputation of being a mud thrower :-)

Offline mikeymike

• Show all replies
Re: (QUESTION) Are AmigaOne owners bieng asked to keep quiet????
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 11:48:52 PM »
@ ssolie
Like I said on AmigaWorld.net, I'm still disappointed we all can't share all the information and be on the same page but things are what they are for the time being.

The reason for this is simple.  Beta testers for most projects spot problems with products that aren't quite mature yet.  A product could have zillions of flaws in it, but quite frankly who cares if they've all been got rid of before the release?  What company would you class as better, one that could get rid of all the flaws before the product is released, or the one that doesn't?  Should the former have all chances of selling their product successfully because there were once flaws in their product, even before it was publicly available?

The logic isn't restricted to just people who want to earn money.  Anyone with any kind of responsibility should only speak out about it if there is a definite danger to those that person is responsible for.  Air stewardesses aren't going to shout "BOMB!" on an aeroplane just because they see a potentially suspect package, because there would be widespread panic.  Widespread panic doesn't help situations.

Giving the other side of my opinion though, companies should make their potential customers aware of issues with the product they are selling when the product is declared worthy for release.