Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: USB via SCSI?  (Read 273 times)

Description:

Offline Pat the CatTopic starter

USB via SCSI?
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:07:58 PM »
I stumbled across a link while searching Thingiverse - it pointed to the Wikipage for Michael McMasters, who develops the SCSI2SD boards often fitted to Amigas for replacing hard drives.

The latest version, V6, apparently also supports USB storage devices as well as SD cards. It is faster at about 10MB per second to SD, 1.2MB to USB storage devices, although less compatible with SCSI-1 systems.

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD

I don't suggest anybody rushes out to buy them, he is recommending people stick with V5 for the time being. Just a heads up that something better is in the pipeline.
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Matt_H

Re: USB via SCSI?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 02:45:14 AM »
It's not USB over SCSI. It's that you can access the SD card via USB or SCSI. i.e., you can shuttle the unit between SCSI-based systems and USB-based systems for file transfers without having to pop out the SD card.

Offline Pat the CatTopic starter

Re: USB via SCSI?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 02:59:21 AM »
Indeed

• Access to the data via USB. The SCSI2SD drives will appear when  connected to a PC via USB. This is limited to around 1.2MB/s (USB FS  speeds).
[/LIST]
I wonder what happens when the SD card is accessed from both sides at the same time?
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi