Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CF Card Workbench issue  (Read 295 times)

Description:

Offline sturulezTopic starter

• Show only replies by sturulez
CF Card Workbench issue
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »
When I plug my CF Card into my SCSI port on my A1200 it doesn't seem to load on my workbench screen.

I have to go into System > Devs > Dos Drivers then double click on CFO ( I think that's it) to load the CF card so it appears on my workbench screen.

Can someone please tell me how I can make it appear on the WB screen once it is plugged into the SCSI interface?

thanks
A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2

Offline pVC

Re: CF Card Workbench issue
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:07:23 PM »
If a mountlist (CF0) is in the Devs/DOSDrivers drawer, it should be automounted on the boot. Are you sure it isn't in the Storage/DOSDrivers drawer?

What SCSI controller do you have? Maybe it needs a bus rescan to find the device?

Or are you mixing up SCSI and PCMCIA? If you're just using the CF card with a CF-PCMCIA adapter in the PCMCIA slot of Amiga (no SCSI involved then) it should just appear on the desktop when plugged in if CD0 mountlist is in the Devs/DOSDrivers drawer. If it doesn't work automatically, check if your S:startup-sequence still contains the line "C:Mount >NIL: DEVS:DOSDrivers/~(#?.info)" or has it been removed for some reason.
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »
Do both your SCSI controller and card reader (whatever model you use) support hot swapping? Not all do.

Quote from: pVC;822568
Or are you mixing up SCSI and PCMCIA?

+1 for this being a possibility, as well. :lol:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline sturulezTopic starter

• Show only replies by sturulez
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 09:59:12 AM »
Quote from: pVC;822568
If a mountlist (CF0) is in the Devs/DOSDrivers drawer, it should be automounted on the boot. Are you sure it isn't in the Storage/DOSDrivers drawer?

What SCSI controller do you have? Maybe it needs a bus rescan to find the device?

Or are you mixing up SCSI and PCMCIA? If you're just using the CF card with a CF-PCMCIA adapter in the PCMCIA slot of Amiga (no SCSI involved then) it should just appear on the desktop when plugged in if CD0 mountlist is in the Devs/DOSDrivers drawer. If it doesn't work automatically, check if your S:startup-sequence still contains the line "C:Mount >NIL: DEVS:DOSDrivers/~(#?.info)" or has it been removed for some reason.

I added the following line to the startup sequence as it wasnt in there and now it works. thanks for your help. :)
A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2