Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mass converting mod files to MP3 on Windows  (Read 3180 times)

Description:

Offline EverblueTopic starter

• Show only replies by Everblue
Mass converting mod files to MP3 on Windows
« on: December 16, 2022, 01:40:23 PM »
I would like to mass convert a number of Amiga mod files to MP3 on my PC. I tried OpenMPT, works great but has to be done one time at a time which is far from ideal.

Following that I tried WinLame but for some reason it gives me an error, something to do with the appropriate encoder not being found.

Anything else I could try? Thanks!

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
Re: Mass converting mod files to MP3 on Windows
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 04:05:11 PM »
I would like to mass convert a number of Amiga mod files to MP3 on my PC. I tried OpenMPT, works great but has to be done one time at a time which is far from ideal.

Following that I tried WinLame but for some reason it gives me an error, something to do with the appropriate encoder not being found.

I used Windows Media Player, with mp3 plugin (encoder). Worked very well.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 04:05:50 PM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline EverblueTopic starter

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 04:57:45 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I am sorry I wasn't specific, but I just found. Basically the conversion software has to support these:

.sfx
.it
.s3m
.mod
.xm

That should cover it. Thanks!

Offline chris

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 02:37:47 PM »
Try ZXTune https://zxtune.bitbucket.io/
It supports all those formats, and output direct to MP3. I'm not sure if you can batch convert with Windows though (there is a command line version but not sure if that's included for Windows)
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline vince_6

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 05:19:04 PM »
I use DeliPlayer
My BBS : flashbackbbs.sytes.net:6502
http://partsfromthepast.blogspot.gr/ A1200 Black Project

Offline CoreyDunn

• Show only replies by CoreyDunn
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 08:39:34 AM »

Sure! If you are looking for a solution to batch convert Amiga mod files to MP3 format on your PC, you can try using a batch conversion tool like dBpoweramp or Foobar2000. These programs allow you to convert multiple files at once, which will be more convenient for your needs. dBpoweramp is a comprehensive audio converter that supports a wide range of formats and offers batch conversion capabilities. It provides a user-friendly interface and allows you to customize various conversion settings. You can simply add your Amiga mod files to the program, choose the MP3 format as the output, and initiate the batch conversion process. Foobar2000 is another popular audio player and converter with extensive customization options. It also supports batch conversion and can handle various audio formats, including Amiga mod files and MP3. After adding your mod files to Foobar2000, you can select all the files you want to convert, right-click, choose the Convert option, and configure the output format as MP3. Both dBpoweramp and Foobar2000 have been widely used and are renowned for their reliability in audio conversion. You can try it out to see which one suits your preferences and requirements better.
Modtodays is the ultimate entertainment destination for users where they can discover and download top entertainment apps. With its diverse portfolio, Modtodays offers Information a wide range of entertainment applications from music, movies, video games to sports and online entertainment applications.