Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS daily usage By You?  (Read 7886 times)

Description:

Offline amigasociety

Re: AmigaOS daily usage By You?
« on: November 23, 2017, 05:41:08 AM »
It would be nice if my X5000 could replace my other systems but it is just a hobby machine for me.  When real work needs to get done, the horsepower and much more advanced apps of my Mac or Linux systems are my day to day workhorses.  But I work from a home office so I have my X5K on all day and is used for IRC, amiga based web surfing, periodic game, and sure I enjoy playing music or watching some videos too.  

My wife is also very invested in iTunes and since Amiga OS or variants don't have iTunes, the AmigaNG machines are not my main media devices.

Dreams of a more advanced web browser for Amiga OS 4 would be nice, a DVD ripper like handbrake on linux/Mac/Windows would be cool to do some direct ripping of DVDs to my X5K drives, MultiCore support to speed this all up would be a dream, and less freezes and crashes since this OS has no memory protection.  

But I still enjoy my Amiga NG systems but they are far from powerful real world   OSes such as OS X, Linux variants, and heck, even Windows that I don't like.  The business level apps are just not there for Amiga or variants but that is OK, to me it is a hobbiest machine other than for a small batch of folks.

TJ
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:52:58 AM by amigasociety »
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000