Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tulip to Bring Back Commodore  (Read 4462 times)

Description:

Offline CodeSmith

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
Re: Tulip to Bring Back Commodore
« Reply #44 from previous page: July 13, 2003, 04:02:03 AM »
Since you don't need to be a member in order to read the threads, that figure doesn't include all the lurkers.  Maybe the 10K user figure isn't so far off the mark.

Of course, a different question altogether is "how many of us are still using amiga hardware?"  In my case, I have a PC at home that I only use for web browsing and an accelerated A1200 that gets used once or twice a week to play classics like Syndicate or Beneath a Steel Sky.  PC games suck these days... all 3D eyecandy and no gameplay.  I really hope the next generation of amiga games writers won't fall for the same trap.

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2003, 09:40:29 AM »
@CodeSmith

It doesn't matter how many still use Amiga-HW, but how many
just use UAE(or a real Amiga) to play old OCS/AGA-games, and
how many use them for something more.

Further downs the line one may ask how many are prepared to
buy new SW/HW.

Atm selling 1000 units of "something" would be considered
a big success in this "market".
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline CodeSmith

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2003, 09:48:45 AM »
@Kronos

Well, as far as market presence is concerned I don't count emulator users because (except for amigans that need the CPU horsepower of amithlon) they won't buy any new amiga hardware, and are usually content playing old games from ADF files (ie they probably won't buy new software either).  Which means that as far as "the amiga market" is concerned they are an evolutionary dead end.  They are a potential source of new users, but otherwise I don't think they should be counted as "active amiga users".  This does exclude amithlon users, I consider those to be in the "as soon as powerful hardware comes out I'll probably buy it" category.

Offline Wildstar128

• Show only replies by Wildstar128
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2003, 07:32:06 PM »
Hello Kees,

You must be talking about Web.It.  A Windows PC with a C= emulator and try to say it is a Commodore 64. Um, that didn't sell too well.  Real C= users didn't buy the BS. I do like to see C= branded PDAs and other mobile devices, devices utilizing the C-One technology (developed by Jeri Ellsworth), new & old software for both Commodore classics, C-One, and the PDA/mobile devices.

It would be also of interest to market upgrades (to some degree) to actual Commodore 8 bits and C-One which would be a new series of Commodore branded "Commodore" computers. I would love to see Tulip expand the brand to other products as well.

The key is, don't BS the real Commodore users. You can BS the emulator users which only use emulators and not the real thing.

Though a line of PC clones may be reasonable but Tulip already does that in the "Tulip" brand. It really makes little or no sense.

Offline Wildstar128

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2003, 08:17:09 PM »
Go to the main International homepage at the following:

http://www.tulip.com

Then move your pointer to the Corporate News section and then a drop down will appear and click on the first option. Then a page will appear and click on the news title "Tulip Relaunches Commodore". If you only know English then select the news title that is in full English. Then the English version of the news should appear.

Offline Wildstar128

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2003, 08:20:05 PM »
Kees, expect it to take a week or two maybe 3-4 weeks. They do have a tendancy to be slow at responding. They have slow turn around time which in my opinion they can adjust.