Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Digital is no more  (Read 4005 times)

Description:

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Re: Digital is no more
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 10, 2002, 02:37:35 PM »
But instead of changing their name, they should lower the price a little, so that more people had the money to buy it, because let's face it, Amiga magz are way more expensive than PC, Playstation and Nintendio magz.

The reason the other mags were cheaper is because they sold to a larger base, meaning they got bigger ecnomies of scale and more income from advertising. We were paying the price for being a minority!

Offline PhatAgnus

• Show only replies by PhatAgnus
Re: Digital is no more - Total Amiga Magazine Still going!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2002, 03:21:38 PM »
I'd like to see this rag in the States, but because of the likes of AF and CA who stiffed me with remaining subscriptions of bogus writes and refund checks that would cost more to cash in than it's net worth, I've a bad taste in my mouth to even subscribe to the mag (AA was available from a local vendor, & I'd buy my copies at the monthly User Group meetings).
\\"You\\\'re asking for logic where there is none.\\"

Chathurawind

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2002, 04:32:10 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the price hike of PC magazines. PC Format & PC Plus cost £5.99 for the CD edition and 6.49 (I think) for the DVD edition. I miss the old days when I could afford all three Spectrum magazines and still have 50p left for sweets.

Of course, before I age further, I would like to point out that my Internet bills have dropped since the early days. Progress is useful for something.

Chathurawind

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2002, 01:48:54 PM »
I'm surprised it lasted so long. Killing the Amiga magazine to launch Digital pissed off a lot of Amiga users I know... and then Pin Print hoped that the Amiga Active readers would make the switch to Digital... jesus, how stupid are some people?

Digital Convergence will happen eventually, but it'll be one of those silent types fo invention, like SCART was over RF/Co-axial... nobody will suddenly go "Oh JESUS CHRIST i've gotta be convergent!" it'll just be like "oh, my new fridge/freezer/microwave/tv/dvd/mobile phone/curtain rail/hi-fi is digital convergent (tm by me!)... great."

And anybody over who was happy with how things were before won't give a $#@!, I own the only two scart cables in my house... and with four tv sets, three videos, three hifis and one dvd player... thats quite a lot of co ax being used.

Offline chromozone

• Show only replies by chromozone
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2002, 07:22:39 PM »
Time will show that these guys were right on the mark.
We are aready seeing it in products like PcEphone &
Pongo-Tech.

I suspect there early demise was due to the ADK on
Issue 4 without legal liecensing, Your Thoughts ?

T3 & STUFF are 2 very popular mags that prove the
format is a popular one.
7 x A500 in various states & mods, 1 x 1000 perfect order
1 x 2000 in perfect order, 4 x 3000 all working not all perfectly :(
1 x 3000 T thats \\"T\\" for TOWER,  Sould be 3000BFT :)
1 x 4000XE thats \\"XE\\" for Exstinct, Dead, Deceased.
& last but n...