Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missing components from Blizzard 1230/50 mk iv?  (Read 869 times)

Description:

Offline FizzyTopic starter

• Show all replies
Missing components from Blizzard 1230/50 mk iv?
« on: February 18, 2007, 06:22:37 AM »
Hi,

I bought a Blizzard 1230 mkIV 030/50 from ebay recently.  Done a quick test and it appears to be working fine.  However, on closer examination I've noticed what looks like missing components - capacitors I think.

http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/blizzard1230mk4

On the pics on that link, the 2 small parts at the far end of the card (furthest away from the amiga edge connector) aren't there?  Guess they are vulnerable to damage if somebody holds the end of the card while trying to remove it...

....anybody know what effect this will have?  Thought it was a bit of a bargain - guess I know why now.  :-(

• Show all replies
Re: Missing components from Blizzard 1230/50 mk iv?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »
Definately looks like they have been removed, and all pictures I have seen on various web resources, and all the ones for sale on ebay recently have them on the board.

Guess I'll see how it goes...

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »
Wow - three boards?  Yup - all have the capacitors on the lower edge (in your pic) of the boards.  Definately missing on mine.

Is your unpopulated one working.....?  ;)

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 08:04:47 AM »
Hi,

Yes, there is another capacitor near the edge connector for the scsi card option, which is intact.  Picture link below..

http://www.wizardry.plus.com/epics/a1230mkiv.jpg

missing capacitors on the right hand edge on that pic.  Been checking the solder pads, and there is no sign of the caps having been pulled off (no square depression left in the solder where the cap would have been etc), but the solder pads aren't that smooth.