Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for iexmul.library for De-archiver  (Read 926 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show only replies by bradhansen1
Looking for iexmul.library for De-archiver
« on: February 23, 2023, 07:18:09 PM »
Hi All, I am trying to extract a “.rar” file using  “De-archiver.” It’s asking for the ‘iexmul.library.’
Any idea where I can find it. Or any suggestions for a different application to use on “.rar” files?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Brad Hansen

Offline Matt_H

Re: Looking for iexmul.library for De-archiver
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 08:45:15 PM »
This should get you operational: http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/ixemul-48.0

(More generally, the whole ixemul situation is extremely complicated, with several different branches floating around that are only partially compatible, depending on which version a program was compiled against. Report back if you run into trouble.)

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show only replies by bradhansen1
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 08:22:05 PM »
Thank you, I did search Aminet only for iexmul.library which returned nothing. That is
a problem I have with Aminet, unless you put in the exact name it's saved under Aminet
Search can not find it.
Brad Hansen

Offline RhoSigma

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 08:54:46 PM »
For such searches its often better to use the advanced search form and enter your criteria in the "description", "readme" or "contents" field.

e.g. http://aminet.net/search?desc=ixemul.library

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 10:05:25 PM »
Aminet's search is fairly old-fashioned, but very powerful in its precision. The default simple search only does exact matches in the filename or description, so it's best to be as general as possible, e.g., "ixemul" rather than "ixemul.library".

As RhoSigma says, you can hunt much more deeply with the advanced search. "Readme" searches for an exact match in the full text of the readme file, "Contents" does the same for filenames within the archive. Those fields are really helpful for including the contents of, for example, the Fred Fish disks in searches, which almost never turn up otherwise.