Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.2 development preview  (Read 149012 times)

Description:

Offline nbache

Re: Os 3.2 development preview
« on: September 04, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
@paul1981:

Can you give the LoadWB command a NOWBSTARTUP option?
In OS4, for comparison, this is achieved by holding down a Shift or an Alt key during startup. Maybe something similar could be done in 3.2? (To make life that bit easier for anyone using both ;-))

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 11:28:19 PM »
Is that the same "hack" which is enabled in the OS4 Classic port by creating a Kickstart module called AtapiIsMajik (or something like that)?

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »
@LiveForIt:

This sound like a really bad idea, so everyone that enable that will have there programs crashing when adding WFLG_ICONIFY
If I understand it correctly, it is the programmer who requests the new gadget in his setup code by means of WFLG_ICONIFY.

The same programmer who then of course makes his code ready to receive the new CODE=1 value and react accordingly.

All other programs do not request the new feature and will therefore only receive the already known IDCMP_CLOSEWINDOW value (when the window close gadget is used).

That sounds to me like a pretty solid design.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 12:10:25 PM »
@Thomas Richter:

IPrefs which lists now the titles of the windows that block the workbench from re-opening
Oh, sweet! Wonder why nobody has thought of doing this before. Guess we just got immune to this old annoyance over the decades.

(Off to write an enhancement BZ for OS4 ;-)).

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »
It seems that Danish has more complicated rules for case-insensitive string comparison as it has a separate function for it, and does not use the generic ANSI comparison for it. I do not know why.
I believe it has to do with where our national letters æøå and their upper case equivalents ÆØÅ are in the Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) codeset, which makes it necessary to be more explicit when defining the case conversions and the sorting rules.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »
It should be easy for anyone to update or make locales that are missing, without having to enter legal contracts.
So why don't you?
Note that he wrote "it should be", not "it is".

I'm guessing the problem is in the "having to enter legal contracts".

Best regards,

Niels