Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mediator Question  (Read 1316 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00Topic starter

• Show only replies by Crom00
Mediator Question
« on: October 19, 2018, 02:30:11 PM »
Hello I am seriously considering a mediator for my A4000.

I look at the order pages and I see a card of somekind connected into one the slots that bridges the PCI and Amiga slots. Is this card part of the purchase price of a Mediator or is it a separate purchase?
http://amigakit.amiga.store/product_info.php?products_id=517

Thanks
Crom

Offline shaf

• Show only replies by shaf
Re: Mediator Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 08:35:14 PM »
Yes the Card and Replacement daughterboard are part of the package. I had the Towered Version a while ago but sold it when i sold the tower. The Drivers can be a real problem to configure and card order definitely matters.

Shaf

Offline Motormouth

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 04:14:29 AM »
Yes the Card and Replacement daughterboard are part of the package. I had the Towered Version a while ago but sold it when i sold the tower. The Drivers can be a real problem to configure and card order definitely matters.

Shaf

I agree with shaf  the bridgecard and pci/zorroIII daughterboard come in one package.  The bridgecard can however be ordered my itself. 
Also make sure you get 3.3V mediator as it will allow you to use pci v2.2 cards (not just pci 2.1 card). 
This will give you more video card options particularly if you want a radeon 92x0. 
Also it will allow more flexibility, and ease, if you want to do the sonnet amiga G3/G4 card.  More PowerPC pci card can now be used:

https://github.com/Sakura-IT/SonnetAmiga

Offline Rotzloeffel

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 09:48:33 AM »
All Mediator 4000 MK III are 3.3 Volt versions......
Save Planet Earth! It is the only one in the galaxy with fresh and cold beer :laughing: