Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Washington/Baltimore Group  (Read 33533 times)

Description:

Offline Madshib

• Show only replies by Madshib
Re: Washington/Baltimore Group
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »
The 17th is too difficult for me to work out, unfortunately. I'm going to hold out for a weekend unless I can use a day off to drive down there after the new year. Maybe someone can help me with my A1200 as I am trying my best to "modernize" it ;)

So far I have the Indivision MkII, 4g CF, a 50 mhz 030 accelerator, and Better WB going, but some challenges remain.

I currently enjoy NovaCoder's Wolf port and am working on getting Debian 68k going with the help of Adrian G and the other members of the group. I also have to get the accelerator fitted with 256 of ram and SCSI if I can find someone local handy with a soldering iron.

Regardless, I think it is fun to play around with!

Offline BigbroncTopic starter

• Show only replies by Bigbronc
    • http://www.AnyNameAnyState.com
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
The 7th or the 17 are both ok to meet at my house. Pick a date and lets plan from that.
 I have a guest Cammy , from Amiga.org Down under. I asked her to join us and she agreed I hope she can find a  web cam or join us on one of these dates.

Madshib you wanted to do a web cam meeting lets do this and record it. Madshib can you take the lead on this and show us how to save it also to share.one this meeting. How do we record everything to share here on Amiga.org..

Also I think We will have to deal with time difference.

Mike the A2000 is working it just will not see the other HD, but we can look at that at the meeting, I will set up the camera and things before hand.

OK I have rambled enough, Madshib what is your name, I know we have talked before, let me know your ideas and how we can look at your computer with Cammy looking from Australia. and get it fixed.
:python:

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »
Get a web cam and join us at the next meeting.

Offline ajacocks

• Show only replies by ajacocks
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »
I could probably do the 7th, and bring my A4000 and A1200.  The 1200 is having issues, though, so it might be something of a troubleshooting session, for me.

- Alex

Offline garyg

• Show only replies by garyg
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 08:44:42 PM »
the 7th probably wouldn't be good for me because I have an early afternoon appt near BWI Airport

Offline Motormouth

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
@Bigbronc

I might be able to do the 7th or 17th, when you finalize, I will have to check with significant other.

You may be interested in reasonably crazy bridgeboard set up in one of my a2000s.
I should fire it up and make sure everything still works.

Motormouth

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 03:24:26 PM »
Thanks for all the response, I have read all text's and PM I say we keep the date of the Dec 17 for the meeting, all in favor say Ay.

Ok next thing is web cam. Mike (Madshib)has found Google hangout a web conference system that is free. The only issue is it can not be recorded. Lets use it for the first time and go from there. Mike would you please send a link?

So far for the meeting we have several systems to troubleshoot and show off, I am looking forward to meeting some new people this time, I hope Robert (from the first meeting) logs on and knows about the new date. and as always if your planning to attend please send me your contact information by PM. I will give you direction's then.:python:

Offline garyg

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2013, 05:21:48 PM »
Aye

Offline Madshib

• Show only replies by Madshib
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »
I'm in for the 17th

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »
Aye! I'm on for the 17th. If I have time to get my Thylacine working by then I can do a demo of USB on a classic system. Otherwise I'm looking forward to bringing a bunch of spare parts and getting one of your A2000's working again for ya. :)

Hopefully Motrucker can come and bring a MorphOS system? It's been 10 years since I've seen it, would love to see how it's progressed since then. :banana:

Edit - I've also cross-posted a link to this thread over on Amibay. If anyone else would like to post about it on other Amiga forums I'd say feel free! :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:33:23 PM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline motrucker

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2013, 03:33:25 AM »
As luck will have it, I will be out of town most of December. I will make a meeting one day guys. Things will calm down for me after the new year.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline walter

• Show only replies by walter
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »
I'm gonna try to make it.  I'll PM you.  Thanks.

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »
OK guys the big day is a coming, I think we have about 5 guys committed to showing up. I have wrote some and asked them to prepare a demo of what they have. I hope to Demo WinUAE and how to load programs. I hope to have a working toaster set up and play with that again. Anybody have something they are having trouble with bring it to the meeting, I think for one night we may have the largest brain trust of Amiga stuff in one location in the world.

If I have not gotten in touch with you please PM me that you wish to attend, it is my home so I just want to know who is coming. I am so glad you are coming.

Also we are going to try to web cast this thing to share with our Amiga friends around the world. SO if you wish to join in on the 17 get your G mail account now as this is the format that we will be using for the group web cast.

Once again thank you for supporting my little dream of a Amiga group, everybody has been so supportive.

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »
OK, guys, the big day is here, I was asked by PM what time can people arrive? 6 PM will be ok and parking will be tight; I will have my vehicles removed from my drive way; that way, people coming with equipment to load and unload will not have to carry very far. As for food and drinks, I have coke and water, if you drink Pepsi or something else just bring it along, but for the most part I have drinks and chips. I also will be giving away a DCTV to one of you that shows up. We will draw numbers or arm wrestle for it. So far I have my Toaster, that I hope to get fixed to display, and another person is bringing an Amiga X1000 with Amiga dos 4.2.1. I am not sure of the bridgeboard, this one guy said he had a 486 bridgeboard to demo, but he canceled. Anyway, we have a few things to show and play with. See you all tomorrow around 6.

Offline garyg

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2013, 12:41:13 AM »
I presume you have a 1084 or other NTSC monitor for us to connect to but I'll be bringing an external scandoubler just in case.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #74 from previous page: December 17, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
Quote from: garyg;754558
I presume you have a 1084 or other NTSC monitor for us to connect to but I'll be bringing an external scandoubler just in case.

Yup!  How many do you need?  I know he's got a few up there already, and I can bring a couple more... I seem to find myself tripping over 1084's, if anybody needs one?  LOL.  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos