Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Washington/Baltimore Group  (Read 33511 times)

Description:

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
Re: Washington/Baltimore Group
« on: August 29, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »
This is good news! It's a little bit of a trek for me, but I'd like to be involved. PM me with the deets!

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the first one :( I'll have to make efforts moving forward but it's difficult coming from Central/North Jersey.

Hopefully in the future I can be more involved through some other means if I can't physically be there all the time. It is nice to see some interest and activity in regards to a get together.

Please keep me in the loop!

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:51 PM »
You guys looking into weekends soon? A Friday or Saturday eve could give me the time to travel down that way... I could bring the A1200 and see what we can throw at it ;)
We could even play around with NovaCoder's ports!

As far as topics go, I'd love to see Amithlon in action. I have to do more research on the hardware ins and outs, but speaking to someone directly is always preferable.

Also, I have an idea for video conferencing....but I almost want to pan it, I'd much rather have the interactivity of the computers. I'll keep an option open and see if anyone likes it.

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »
The 17th is too difficult for me to work out, unfortunately. I'm going to hold out for a weekend unless I can use a day off to drive down there after the new year. Maybe someone can help me with my A1200 as I am trying my best to "modernize" it ;)

So far I have the Indivision MkII, 4g CF, a 50 mhz 030 accelerator, and Better WB going, but some challenges remain.

I currently enjoy NovaCoder's Wolf port and am working on getting Debian 68k going with the help of Adrian G and the other members of the group. I also have to get the accelerator fitted with 256 of ram and SCSI if I can find someone local handy with a soldering iron.

Regardless, I think it is fun to play around with!

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »
I'm in for the 17th

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
I'm pretty stoked! See you all there (through video conference...:))

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 01:57:11 PM »
Quote from: gizmo350;754565
Me too! Do I need a Google Plus account to view live feed or tape delay or is my regular Google account able to view the action? Either way, I really hope you AmiRetros at least record the event and post on YouTube!

In the immortal wisdom of Gary Gilmore "Wish You Were Here"!

You need a google+ account. No worries though...it only takes a few extra moments to setup and we can pm to get the connection working in the "Hangout"

BigBronc - Are we still shooting for 7ish to get started or have we moved this up to 630?

All - Is there a possibility of building an ECS A2000 tonight? (woah...)

Offline Madshib

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »
I wanted to shoot a big thank you to the guys for having me "over" last night ;)

I still have a lot to catch up on, but I learned quite a bit from the conversation we had and appreciate the information provided. Hopefully next time I can be there for the experience, shake some hands, and contribute.

Thanks to BigBronc for the setup!