Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Enhancer Software package for PowerPC & 68k  (Read 11374 times)

Description:

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
Re: Enhancer Software package for PowerPC & 68k
« on: January 29, 2016, 10:34:22 AM »
Yeah, Its a bit odd that Prisma havent been released yet. Trevor said on AmiWest that the hardware is already completed, but software is being developed/feature creep.

Novacoder released a youtube in March 6, 2014 with Prisma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vup29ZUhMwA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_AmOFfaBIQ

I understand that AeonKit might be concerned about releasing a halfbaked driver/support software, but I think that releasing the hardware sooner than later would be prudent. It would give coders/hackers/developers time to muck about with their own solutions, while AeonKit can futher develop the driver/support software.

That said, would love a clockport expander to fit everything (USB and Prisma)...

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »
Good to see some progress reports!

As for OS3.x, its timely since you will see more and more "high performance" users with 060+ level performance.
I remember you mentioning AmiStore was kinda slow on your souped up 060 1200, but given the awesome reports coming from Vampire development, I think AmiStore and any OS3.x software will constitute a fair share of income.

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 01:05:08 PM »
@Amigakit

Thanks for the update. Ive gotten indications that my Vampire will be built in about 4 weeks, so looking forward to test out Enhancer whenever its completed :)

A sidenote; it seems like Apollo-team is overwhelmed by Vampire orders for A600, so by the time you got Enhancer done, there will be 300+ potential customers that have decent performing classic hardware.
God knows how many Vampires there will be by the end of this year.