Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Enhancer Software package for PowerPC & 68k  (Read 11159 times)

Description:

Offline QuikSanz

Re: Enhancer Software package for PowerPC & 68k
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 30, 2016, 02:52:28 AM »
Quote from: kreciu;803112
Exactly. I got used to "installing" software by dropping icon into Application folder... installing most of Amiga software is a nightmare when you compare.

Oooo... There is "install" icon... lets click on it... "Folder this files are going to be copied is NOT going to be created". WTF. Where would you like to copy files "xfydgy.flx"? WTF2. "Handler" files will be copied to... Please select folder. WTF3...

So, AmigaStore creates some sort of standard how program SHOULD be delivered and I see this as a positive thing.

PS. Without Aminet... there is no Amiga.

Hopefully Aminet has many hands in it. It would be a disaster to have it disappear one day like Back to the Roots!

Online amigakitTopic starter

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying.  To set expectations accordingly: the Enhancer Software for OS3 is 4 months behind the OS4 version but things are starting to progress now.

The latest addition this week is a new program called RequestChooser, which is an advanced replacement for the old RequestChoice.  It supports images and header/footer text as well as scrollable text body.  We have used it in the EULA on the Enhancer Software Install.  Here is an image of it taken from the OS3 version (screenshot taken from my A1200):

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:30:05 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »
Good to see some progress reports!

As for OS3.x, its timely since you will see more and more "high performance" users with 060+ level performance.
I remember you mentioning AmiStore was kinda slow on your souped up 060 1200, but given the awesome reports coming from Vampire development, I think AmiStore and any OS3.x software will constitute a fair share of income.

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »
For the last few days of work, our developer, after many hours of hard work has succeeded in converting the ProgressBar Gadget Class from the Enhancer Software OS4 version to the forthcoming OS3 version :)

8-bit support had to be added and as a result, the code can also be reused in the OS4 version for rare occasions when 8-bit screens are used.

Next to update our Format command to remove support for the old FuelGauge.gadget and add the new ProgressBar.gadget.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:44:11 AM by amigakit »

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 12:05:28 PM »
@Amigakit

Will PartitionWizard be part of the 68k version?

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 01:05:08 PM »
@Amigakit

Thanks for the update. Ive gotten indications that my Vampire will be built in about 4 weeks, so looking forward to test out Enhancer whenever its completed :)

A sidenote; it seems like Apollo-team is overwhelmed by Vampire orders for A600, so by the time you got Enhancer done, there will be 300+ potential customers that have decent performing classic hardware.
God knows how many Vampires there will be by the end of this year.

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »
New version of ProgressBar.gadget now completed with CLUT/ARGB support for OS4 and OS3.

In addition to regular ECS/AGA, it is now working great on my 16-bit / 32-bit screenmode on my A1200 with Mediator/Radeon 9250:

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »
progress bar development.. exciting!

Offline kamelito

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;803102
I hope this will be released some day. We need some "collection" of software that can be actually USED....

As I see it, they're building the foundation to be able (whereas possible) to build OS3 and OS4 programs using one codebase.

Kamelito

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;808481
As I see it, they're building the foundation to be able (whereas possible) to build OS3 and OS4 programs using one codebase.

Kamelito

lets see some valuable software using this foundation.

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2016, 09:39:58 PM »
Unfortunately due to so many rights issues on the Amiga, we need to write our own software building blocks first before we can progress - a lot of hard work but good progress has been made.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;808485
Unfortunately due to so many rights issues on the Amiga, we need to write our own software building blocks first before we can progress - a lot of hard work but good progress has been made.

thats what im referring to in another thread. if anybody who wants to contribute to "amiga" needs to write his own operating system replacement first, or at least its critical components, then the situation is clearly ridiculous.

imho the only solution is to accept the circumstances given and rely on open source. as long as this obvious, even if unpopular, conclusion is ignored, nothing will improve. sure, in short term one can earn few bucks, but i doubt the return will prove the whole process sustainable and it will eventually come to an end, leaving everybody with nothing but lost investments.

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2016, 06:14:32 PM »
I am pleased to confirm that the Information Window Class from OS4 has now been ported to OS3.  This will be included in the forthcoming Enhancer Software OS3 package.

Here are the pics running on my Amiga 1200:

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2016, 01:23:01 AM »
Following on from InfoWindow.class being ported over to OS3 this week, the application tool called InfoWindow has now been ported from OS4 to OS3.  I am pleased to report it is working without problems, even in 4 colour screenmodes!

Here InfoWindow tool is used to display the "Read Me" documentation for the Enhancer Software - it provides tabs so user can easily browse through the documents:

Offline apsturk

• Show only replies by apsturk
    • http://amigaonthelake.com
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2016, 01:49:50 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;809675
Following on from InfoWindow.class being ported over to OS3 this week, the application tool called InfoWindow has now been ported from OS4 to OS3.  I am pleased to report it is working without problems, even in 4 colour screenmodes!

Here InfoWindow tool is used to display the "Read Me" documentation for the Enhancer Software - it provides tabs so user can easily browse through the documents:

Nice keep it up!!!!  :)
AmigaOnTheLake.com
AmigaOne X1000 | OS4.1FE | Radeon R9 280X | 480Gb SSD | 4Gb | 27 ViewSonic VP2770|
Amiga 500 | CPU 68010| Megachip 2 meg | Kickstart 3.1 | GVP 500HD+8 ROM 4.15 8 meg fast ram | ECS Indevision | SCSI2SD 4gig | BetterWB 4.0 | CD - Zip drives and Plipbox.
Amiga 1200 | Indivision 1200 AGA MK2cr | CF 4gig | ACA 1233 55.55mhz | OS3.9 | FastATA 1200 MK-V | Rapid Road
2 MorphOS Paid for copies. Running on Mac Mini 1.5Ghz

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »
I am pleased to announce that the new tickbox gadget is now ported to OS3 from OS4 and a few cosmetic adjustments have been made for OS3.  Tickbox gadget class will feature on the forthcoming Enhancer Software for OS3.

In the screen shots below you can see the tickbox.gadget in action with the old OS3.9 checkbox gadget also shown for reference:

InfoWindowClass has now been updated to no longer use checkbox but use the new tickbox gadget class: