Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recomend some games for SAM460?  (Read 5795 times)

Description:

Offline AmigoSteveTopic starter

• Show all replies
Recomend some games for SAM460?
« on: October 04, 2011, 04:17:28 PM »
Hi everyone, this morning I went onto the amigakit website and have bought myself a SAM460 basic system!

I am a huge gaming fan and would like to know which games you recommend (please don't say os4 depot or something like that)

I am aware of BOH, word me up xxl, Alinearis 2, super workbench games, crossfire 2

Also which old amiga games do you know that work with the SAM eg heretic 2, wipeout 2097...

• Show all replies
Re: Recomend some games for SAM460?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
Thanks, I will check some of them out and whet my appetite for them over the next few weeks whilst I wait for my SAM!

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
Thanks everyone!!

Gizmo350- did you buy the complete system from amigakit? I almost went for that instead of the basic, im still not sure I made the right choice, with the hddvd, 2gb of ram and radeon card mine came to £890.

For a complete system with all that stuff. It would have been around £63 more.

I got the basic due to the price but am worried about the performance of the 1gh processor compared to the complete systems 1.15ghz especially as the amigaone 500 will be at 1.15ghz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
Thanks gizmo350.

I will let you know on that one.

Another question for you, I am sure I will ask many on this site. My last amiga was\is an a1200 with an 030 and 16mb of ram. I have been following it for a long time but only now decided to take the plunge and get a new system...

how effective do you think the graphics card will be without 3d driver support? I hope a download for it will be available.
At the moment it seems like I could have saved money with an older one and been able to use more software with it!

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »
Yeah, i bought the radeon.

Thanks for your reply, will just have to wait and see what happens about support for this.

I bought it with mine because I was sure the onboard graphics wouldn't be up to the job. Just hope it gets sorted because I want to be able to play all the PPC games available for the amiga.

Bet you can't wait to get your SAM, i am VERY excited im getting mine. I had been thinking about getting one for ages!

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »
Id like to thank everyone for their discussions on this, particularly gizmo350's as he too is looking forward to getting his SAM.
 I have been reading this site for a long time an these are my first few posts. It is great to share thoughts and feelings with those who are passionate about the amiga.

I take your point piru, and I am aware performance/price could be better but I have a pc and want what in my mind at least I consider to be an amiga.

I would love everyone to have the same views as me and the amiga to go in the direction I would like ie SAM. I want the amiga to stand on its own, not be a pc as commodore usa are turning it into or based around one. The x1000 will be out of my price range (unless it gets great software support not available for the SAM)

Lets enjoy what we have (its seems to be getting better) whichever side you take. The amiga community is so special, lets not spoil it.

P.s.as the conversation has turned a bit towards hardware can anyone tell me if I can use a ps/2 keyboard with the SAM460 as opposed to a USB one?

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
Oh, ok. What about an old imac g3 usb keyboard?

Regarding the radeonhd 4650, I take from this thread that hertic 2, wipeout 2097 and shogo won't work?

btw jooleem and 1941 extreme are FANTASTIC (even though i have been playing them on pc at the mo)

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
Im think I will change the original question because I am getting a little confused as to which games will work on my SAM460.

So could you please tell me which games will run with a radeon4650hd graphics card. From this thread so far I assume shogo, heretic 2, wipeout 2097 and quake 2 won't work.

What about crossfire 2, word me up xxl, neverball, payback, freespace 1/2, the feeble files, quake

Can anyone tell me for certain if these games will work or not.

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 10:46:09 PM »
Thats a shame, hopefuly will be worth it later on down the line.

I guess however that the graphics card, or the onboard graphics be able to handle everyting else not requiring a 3d graphics card?

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
Thanks, am pleased about crossfire 2. When I get the SAM I hope to buy that along with bubbelsche deluxe and word me up xxl, They should all work with the radeon4650...I hope.

Swamp defence should be out soon.

Are there any other games in the pipeline?