Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fixing the problems with the forums and trolls  (Read 13703 times)

Description:

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
Re: Fixing the problems with the forums and trolls
« on: January 27, 2004, 12:00:37 AM »
It would be a nice start if we really knew what was considered acceptable. I mean, this has all blown up just now, mostly down to a couple of wankers who think they're rather funny. You can't underestimate the effect they've had on people, even those who don't appreciate their humour.

But I don't know the extent to which Wayne sees fit to cut back on off-topic conversation. For instance, if I start a thread about Paintmashing, is that welcome, or simply "tolerated?" This is freaking most people out, they're wondering what they've done wrong. I think in all fairness, names should be named. There are a couple of members that most people would like to see banned. Ones who cross the line on purpose and don't see fit to rectify it when they realise it's offending people. Perhaps that, coupled with the fact that we're now talking about this, would help?

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 12:03:14 AM »

smithy wrote:
FluffyMcDeath... loon...

Where's the wisdom in slagging people off in this of all threads?

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 01:41:11 AM »

Cyberus wrote:
Nice ideas guys, but a little impractical don't you think?

How about asking people to type Speelgoedmannetje's nick without looking it up or cutting and pasting ;-)

I can do that! :-D