Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dual monitors?  (Read 10103 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: Dual monitors?
« on: October 12, 2014, 10:13:03 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;774888
Can MorphOS run dual monitors?

I have a Powermac G5 with a Radeon 9600 Pro and two LCDs that do the same resolutions, but aren't the same models.

I hooked them up with an adapter for the BS Apple connector and they each work individually, but when both are attached I only see the one with the adapter. I assume that's the primary head on the card.

AFAIK none of the Amiga OS's currently supported dual output from the same card.  OS4.x just displays the same image on both outputs but I don't know about the others.

Edit: Tried adding a PCI Radeon 7000, but now that monitor works and the AGP 9600 just turns on and stays gray. Still no good.

Thanks,
John

So with both cards plugged in it defaults to the 7000.  Do both cards appear in the monitor prefs?

Offline Rob

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 10:58:30 PM »
Did you create a new monitor driver in Devs/Monitors or whatever the MorphOS equivalent might be.

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 12:47:55 AM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;774902
No, didn't think to try that, but I didn't have to do that for a single monitor.

I was hoping there were directions somewhere.

I think the OS is probably set up with people using one video output in mind.

It might be better to ask at Morphzone since I only have experience of using P96 and not CyberGraphX so the procedure would probably differ somewhat.

Offline Rob

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 11:24:53 AM »
Quote from: Kronos;774913
Voodoos don't have to be Mac-specific (AFAIR there never was a Mac Voodoo3) as that driver started on the GRex and does not reley on the card being prepped by OF/BIOS/whatever.

Problem is that there are still some PCI related issues with the G5 that make such combo only useable in G4 Macs.

Looks like there was a Mac compatible BIOS even if the cards never shipped with them.

http://www.zone6400.com/Voodoo3.html