Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: Amiga 1000 Barn Rescue
« Last post by Alley_Cat_Jack on May 30, 2021, 05:09:34 AM »
Picked up the Gotek drive yesterday and flashed the firmware with flash floppy. Today I was able to get it to boot kickstart 1.3 from the Gotek and load up some test software.

And now for the really good news. I was able to load up amiga-testkit and try they keyboard. To my surprise, the keyboards PCB still.works! I thought it wasn't functional from my attempts to do anything with it a few years back. I tested each key switch position and every single key press registered as it should. I am very excited that it works, but it will need a bunch of work. Each and every keyswitch needs to be cleaned and repaired.

I still need to figure out a solution for a mouse, but for now I saw a simple adapter that I can make with an arduino that will let me use a PS/2 mouse.

The memory testing is a lot closer to being able to done than I thought. Technically I could donit at this point, but I want to recap the boards and especially the PSU before leaving the unit on for extended time.
Amiga OS -- Development / Re: Amiga OS 3.2 released
« Last post by trekiej on May 30, 2021, 04:38:06 AM »
So, you can get it for free?
Amiga Events / Commodore Los Angeles Super Show 2021 - Nov. 6-7
« Last post by RobertB on May 30, 2021, 02:03:14 AM »
Wowie! The Commodore Los Angeles Super Show is back in business! :) The CLASS of 2021 is set for November 6-7 at the

Burbank Veterans of Foreign Wars hall
VFW USS Gudgeon Ship 8310
1006 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, California 91506, USA.

Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. Admission is $25 whether you come for one day or both days.

More CLASS details can be found at

http://www.portcommodore.com/class

Photos of the hall are at

http://blog.retro-link.com/2021/05/blog-post.html

Note that the above CLASS website will be changing as more updates roll in.

See you in CLASS!
Robert Bernardo
organizer - Commodore Los Angeles Super Show
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: Amiga 1000 Barn Rescue
« Last post by F1Lupo on May 29, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »
@ Alley_Cat_Jack

wow damn time flies! Thanks for bringin this thread back to life  ;D  ok that ram stacking mod sure doesn't look pretty but dammit if it works & you got 1MB chip on an A1000 that's super sweet ! heck only the holdy grail Rejuvenator board with 2MB chip would be better
Amiga Gaming / Re: New version of MEMO released
« Last post by F1Lupo on May 29, 2021, 06:42:44 PM »
@ saimo

love how you support and update your games and apps Simone ! ;D
« Last post by TribbleSmasher on May 29, 2021, 06:41:09 PM »
Better get your CD now than never...
Amiga Corporation: Statement regarding commercial distribution of AmigaOS 3.2
http://amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2021-05-00076-EN.html
« Last post by F1Lupo on May 29, 2021, 04:07:00 PM »
got my CD, roms and disks from retrorewind.ca late afternoon yesterday  ;D
Amiga Gaming / Re: New version of MEMO released
« Last post by saimo on May 29, 2021, 01:35:14 PM »
Lately I realized I could made the startup and cleanup code of SkillGrid more robust, so I improved it further. Then, I made similar (and more general) changes to my own custom framework (not used by SkillGrid for memory conservation reasons), which thus has now more robust startup and cleanup code, too. MeMO uses such framework, so it almost automatically benefits from the improvements (all that was needed was changing a couple of instructions and reassembling the code).
This change alone justfied a new release, so, while touching up the manual in preparation for it, I remembered that I was asked 2 joysticks support on itch.io: I seized the chance to add that as well; and, in the process, other ideas came to mind - here is the full changelog...

v3.10 (20210529)
* Recompiled against updated custom framework, which makes the startup and cleanup procedures more robust.
* Removed some leftover code that caused the program directory to remain locked.
* Added support for joystick in mouse port.
* Reworked/extended menu.
* Touched up hiscores graphics.
* Changed design of 'G' character.
* Made a few minor changes/optimizations.
* Added a new old-style 4 color icon (the previous one was accidentally deleted with the previous update).
* Improved/extended manual.

The new version is now available for download - get it for free from here.
If you give it a spin and you experience problems, please let me know so that I can try to fix them (and this might also contribute to improving the future SkillGrid update).

Looking at the previous posts, I've realized that I had forgotten to let you know about v3.9 :P

v3.9 (20200626)
* Recompiled with the P61 flag p61exec set correctly (i.e. 1; before it was set to 0, and that caused music not to play on systems with the CPU vbr register pointing to a location other than 0).
* Avoided saving of the hiscore file when no hiscore is made.
* Moved some data to the code section, thus saving some bytes thanks to the PC-relative addressing modes.
* Made a little improvement to the startup routine.
* Fixed/improved manual.
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Re: WinUAE Help
« Last post by Gryfon on May 29, 2021, 12:04:18 PM »
Amiga Bill did a video of his first install onto an A1200 which comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6PZm80rgTE
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / WinUAE Help
« Last post by trekiej on May 29, 2021, 03:34:28 AM »
I bought Amiga OS 3.1.4 for the A1200.
Later I downloaded WinUAE 4.4.0.

Where can I find a good tutorial for installing 3.1.4?
Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]