Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amithlon2 vs Winuae  (Read 7564 times)

Description:

Offline kadi

• Show all replies
Re: Amithlon2 vs Winuae
« on: October 09, 2002, 06:04:00 PM »
From experience i have to say that Amithlon is much more stable compared to winUAE and therefore feels much more like a real Amiga.

Granted that the new product from Bernie will be at least as stable as the old one, i would keep an eye on it.

Offline kadi

• Show all replies
Re: Amithlon2 vs Winuae
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2002, 03:54:57 PM »
I totally agree with Thomas, but...

I hate Windows on the same machine together with AmigaOS. So i like Amithlon. I like Windoes but i like to have it on a seperate machine.
I have an Amithlon box with a Gforce2mx, its well supported and i use to have a resolutin like 1152x864x24@82Khz and its faast.
I have a keyboard with lots of multimedia buttons and a special speedsensitive scrollwheel. Its well supported by an amiga driver from Aminet (MMkeyboard by Guido Mersmann). The driver is much better than the Windowsdriver at all.
My 5 button scroll mouse works well. Both, mouse and keyboard is PS2 - but who cares?
Under the windows/winUAE combination i never got my serial WACOM Graphire pad working on the Amiga side. In windows the pad works without any flaws of course, but on the Amiga side its just unusable. But it works well on Amithlon/UAE with special AmigaOS drivers.
I have a TV-Card and i can watch TV under AmigaOS3.9. Ok, when you are using winUAE you can watch TV under Windows, but i like it on my Workbench!
I just prefer an amigaOS TCP/IP stack for my ADSL internet connection. No way with winUAE, no problem with Amithlon.
My parport printer works fine with the TurboPront amigaOS driver.
Recently i bought an IDE CDRW (Philips1600) and it works fine with MakeCD (still Demo).
I would like to buy a scanner really soon, but i dont like to buy an expensive SCSI adapter. Currently i'm still waiting for USB support.

This is why i like and prefer Amithlon.