Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase II) Assigned  (Read 28540 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase II) Assigned
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »
This is fantastic news...

No schedule and rockin' That sure beats vaporware, empty promises and no deliveries ever.

Between this and all the other developments going on, Aros is getting (or staying) exciting! Between this and UAE integration thats already working quite nicely, PLUS catweasel support, plus the new 3d graphics, I think aros will be a fantastic amiga ng experience. (it already is if you ask me!)

I haven't got a catweasel yet, but I will soon, and I can't wait to be able to read and write amiga floppies on my aros box. That plus everything else thats going on with aros, is very cool. I hope they can port firefox and openoffice too. I'd still like to buy a mac for morphos though...

Aros is fast becoming everything I hoped for out of amithlon, but better.
My sincere thanks to all that have contributed.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
The money is used to purchase the crystal meth and cocaine that it takes to code for 48 hour marathons. Some bounty takers also buy pizza and beer.

Others buy asian hookers. I say, whatever it takes to keep them coding and motivated, I'm happy to contribute.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:58:09 PM »
Yes the deadlines come and go for many of the assigned projects, but I suppose we can't complain, people get busy.

UAE integration has been slowly and surely getting finished, but it was supposed to be done last june.

Many bounties get assigned and never finished, which sucks because that means we wait a year to find out nothing is finished. Some things get stuck in place that way...

Still, the bounty system is great because you can contribute to what you want, therefore the user bases needs get addressed this way.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »
sure, like I said, whatever it takes to keep them coding.

Don't laugh, I worked somewhere like that once. Fun gig.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:59:03 PM »
This is fantastic work, fantastic news. Say goodbye to the AINC stranglehold on the roms. Hey silly billy, here's one more reason your going to need a real job finally you slouch amiga grave robbing prick!

These guys are doing just fabulous work. QUICK! Someone get them a briefcase full of coke and some asian hookers. Whatever it takes to keep them coding and happy, its the least we can do.

Steven