Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NetSurf 3.3 released  (Read 10710 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: NetSurf 3.3 releasedd
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 03:26:23 PM »
Quote from: chris;786474
I think it puts it in there itself.  You might need to run it again "sudo".

alas its not different as root:
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
- which is what i suppose should happen, namely install?

Offline chrisTopic starter

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786478
alas its not different as root:
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
- which is what i suppose should happen, namely install?

No, just "sudo make".  The install happens as part of that. You'll probably need to "make clean" and build again from scratch.

meanwhile, what gcc version are used for other platforms? so far i see netsurf toolchain contains 3.4.6. for 68k. the 3.6.xavailable from zerohero at its time was afair the worst what concerns the performance of produced code. about 4.2.x - 4.5.0 it was heading back to the levels of performance achieved with 2.9.x.
maybe it would be wort in looking at an upgrade.

It was using 4.5.x (I think), but I couldn't get it to work properly (total system freeze on exit no matter what I compiled).
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »
Quote from: chris;786481
No, just "sudo make".  The install happens as part of that. You'll probably need to "make clean" and build again from scratch.

dont understand. dont i need to specify target?
so is it a correct location for toolchain to be in the workspace folder? and from where do i "make" in this case?

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786482
dont understand. dont i need to specify target?
so is it a correct location for toolchain to be in the workspace folder? and from where do i "make" in this case?

sudo make -C m68k-unknown-amigaos
should build and install the compiler under /opt/netsurf/something-or-other
If you're already in the m68k-unknown-amigaos dir then just "sudo make" will work.

sudo make -C sdk (and the other options as per the README) will build and install the dependencies.
That probably needs a prefix or something as well, but I can't check the exact line I use from here.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 06:01:33 PM »
Quote from: chris;786483

If you're already in the m68k-unknown-amigaos dir then just "sudo make" will work..

ok, this has worked finally.;) now to sdk.

Offline wawrzon

Re: NetSurf 3.3 released
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 06:26:04 PM »
sudo make -C sdk

while we have some problem here:
Code: [Select]
patching file lib/timeval.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file lib/timeval.c.rej
patching file src/tool_getpass.c
patching file src/tool_operate.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1731.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/tool_operate.c.rej
i tried to accept apply the timeval patch nevertheless with the same effect on tool_operate:
patching file lib/timeval.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] y
Hunk #1 succeeded at 118 (offset 8 lines).
patching file src/tool_getpass.c
patching file src/tool_operate.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1731.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/tool_operate.c.rej
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:32:16 PM by wawrzon »

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
Do a "git pull". A curl patch fix has just been committed.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 11:31:30 PM »
ok, seems it went through and completed now, but what about timeval.c, should the patch have been applied or skipped? since ive have been asked again and just let it with the default.

then building netsurf Target=amigaos3 still breaks up after a lot of warnings in the platform independent source, most of them of these two types:

COMPILE: render/html_forms.c
cc1: warning: -Wuninitialized is not supported without -O
In file included from render/html_forms.c:22:
./desktop/browser.h:677: warning: parameter has incomplete type

more colorful warnings in amiga platform specific part, finally while atempting to link tones of undefinied references, that appear to be mostly to link libraries like css,
starting with:
    LINK: NetSurf
build-Linux-amigaos3/amiga_file.o(.text+0xbe): In function `_ami_file_asl_mime_hook':
amiga/file.c:64: undefined reference to `_lwc_intern_string'

seems i need to compile these link libs by hand?

nevertheless considering the amount of warnings, that may not be surprising if the frontend isnt working exactly right ;)?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:50:15 PM by wawrzon »

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786497
more colorful warnings in amiga platform specific part, finally while atempting to link tones of undefinied references, that appear to be mostly to link libraries like css,
starting with:
    LINK: NetSurf
build-Linux-amigaos3/amiga_file.o(.text+0xbe): In function `_ami_file_asl_mime_hook':
amiga/file.c:64: undefined reference to `_lwc_intern_string'

seems i need to compile these link libs by hand?

Yes, you need to build all the NetSurf libraries before building NetSurf itself.  That one is a reference to libwapcaplet, but you'll need libcss, libdom, libhubbub, libwapcaplet, libnsbmp, libnsgif, libsvgtiny, libutf8proc and libnsutils.  Install buildsystem first, then it's just a sudo make install HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos

nevertheless considering the amount of warnings, that may not be surprising if the frontend isnt working exactly right ;)?

Most of them are due to changes in the OS includes between 3.9 and 4.0.  If I fix them for 3.9 then I'll get loads of warnings when I build for OS4, so I've just left them :)

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »
okay, i might be able to fix the simplest things like casts and undeclared vars myself some day probably if need be. because i think it will be necessary if the 68k port is to be seriously worked on. we have either to ifdef the code in question or split the targets, because if you say so the incompatibilities between os4 and 68k will always lead to one not working correctly.

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786526
okay, i might be able to fix the simplest things like casts and undeclared vars myself some day probably if need be.

Most of the casts will be because things like SetGadgetAttrs changed from wanting a struct Gadget * to an Object *.  It should be fixable with some #defines.  An appropriate #define GADGET_CAST would probably do.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »
gain a bit stuck here. i ran
sudo make install HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos
(HOST is correct?)
from the
/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir
but it breaks up with
m68k-unknown-amigaos-ranlib /opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/libgcc.a
make[2]: m68k-unknown-amigaos-ranlib: Kommando nicht gefunden
make[2]: *** [install] Fehler 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir/gcc'
make[1]: *** [install-libgcc] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir/gcc'
make: *** [install-gcc] Fehler 2
wawa@debian:~/dev-netsurf/workspace/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir$ sudo make install HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos
even though i added the dir to path, where it is located with:
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/bin

must just sit back and restart thinking, at least i ve found the reference i was looking for and losing again all the time:
http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/Documentation/GettingCoding
might be the best to create a step by step guide to compiling netsurf for 68k as i did for aros, when im through.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:19:43 PM by wawrzon »

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786587
gain a bit stuck here. i ran
sudo make install HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos
(HOST is correct?)
from the
/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir

Eh?  What are you trying to build?

You should be in either toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos or toolchains/sdk - although I thought you'd managed to build both of those already?

The line you're using is correct for the NetSurf libraries, but you need to build them from the correct cloned repo.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »
i have build them but as i understand they need to be installed to /opt/..
not?

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 08:44:17 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786602
i have build them but as i understand they need to be installed to /opt/..
not?

Correct, but the command needs to be run from the project directory, not some irrelevant builddir.

The toolchains ones install anyway, provided you run make as root.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #29 from previous page: March 22, 2015, 10:55:18 AM »
i did it from the toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir because from toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/ it gives me:
make: *** Keine Regel, um »install« zu erstellen.  Schluss.
(no rule to make install)
its a mystery to me as well, just currently i need to look at how can i get the tools in /opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/bin executable from bash at all before i can progress, thats the kind of problems over here, sorry.