Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMIGA OS is dead and so every other OS not being VISTA.. check this out  (Read 7885 times)

Description:

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies

Chrizz wrote:

The point he doesn't seem to get is that people who use retro machines don't give a rat's ass if they are "behind the times". That's the whole point.

That's not true. The whole Amiga community aches to see new hardware being released and new OS being developed.

forgive him he knows not what he says :crazy:

chrizz if you joined to bash people's os it is best to move on. nobody here wants vista(and i use xp) i want amiga os new or old i don't care.
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
Re: AMIGA OS is dead and so every other OS not being VISTA.. check this out
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:39:36 PM »
I will just say I don't worry about spyware or viruses, haven't since I installed it with Avast anti-virus.

i thought traditional antivirus didn't work well?

microsoft wrong on security?

Anyone complaining about this probably doesn't like this new safety feature because they steal other people's work.

I have no problem with this new functionality as it doesn't affect my work or my own creative works and it will actually protect them. So if you don't like this blame Hollywood, blame people who pirate stuff illegally that it is felt necessary that it be better protected.

sure it will be protected you can even back it up too. you just cant watch it anymore if your keys become corrupted. you can't watch it on your mother's computer you are visiting for the weekend. you can't watch it if your os dies and you have to reinstall. you can't watch it on multiple pvr's in your home(without buying an xbox.) so sure the only objections must be from pirates :roll:

sorry i won't use that drm crap.
and neither will the majority of these people.
snapstream thread will you upgrade to vista.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 04:44:45 PM »
one more reason to avoid vista
vista spyware installed by default

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »
I have heard many rationals for illegally duplicating things and saying well I have a right to use this for "X" purpose. Your government dictates what is legal or illegal in laws set forth. Those aren't debatable unless you get them changed. Otherwise it's just a justification.

you missed something. the dmca does not exist to stop copying of works(despite rumors to the contrary). it merely states you cannot bypass the security(drm) of a file this applies to anything not just movies/music. even if you open your xbox to mod the heck out of it that is tehnically a violation of the dmca since you have to modify or replace the software component.

the actual copying of the movie is still covered under fair use laws. this is not illegal. the creation of an mp3 is not illegal. so the content makers want drm so the dmca will apply no other reason. and if we yell loud enough and vote with our wallets drm won't take hold and grow. i have the same negative feelings about hdcp in hddvd & bluray now you cannot back up a movie to your harddrive for a movie jukebox setup without cracking the disk.

i have set one up a movie/music jukebox myself myself. heck the media producers here even want mp3 players declared a pirate device. i don't make copies for distribution and i don't give copies to others. i am not a thief though our government is trying to make me one.

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 06:19:46 AM »
@amidude

sometimes you must beat a dead horse to let corporate idiots know that their stuff is crap(drm)

btw drm is not a vista only phenomenon it is rearing it's ugly head everywhere.

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 06:35:51 AM »
So if they have downloaded something they always have a backup available from us and a license file if they have legally purchased something. We do DRM right and support the people who buy from us. The company also provides resale of files purchased and provides royalties to the original creators.

and you can guarantee that servers won't ever go down and always be able to retrieve what i bought(including business closure)?

If you are not a thief get some backbone, and don't worry about it.

i got backbone. backbone to stand up to people that assume everyone is a crook. back bone to tell them that this ain't right. and backbone not to buy/support such stupid methods of protection.

i used to buy music regularly heck i have a collection of about 500 cds since 91(everything i had before was destroyed in a fire)now i don't unless i am sure there is no copy protection on the disk. i do not buy from itunes, napster or any online service. and i will not be buying hd-dvd or blu-ray for the same reasons(hdcp). same goes for vista or any new os that supports this drm. xp left a bad taste in my mouth for it's own drm and i have bought a version of office i can't use anymore because of drm(original system no longer in use). as such drm is a blight on humanity and as such you cannot convince me that it is necessary because it is not. it is however turning valuable customers against those very content makers.