Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigacoin  (Read 16181 times)

Description:

Offline TCMSLP

• Show only replies by TCMSLP
    • http://www.coherer.net
Re: Amigacoin
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »
So what makes Amigacoin different to all the other LTC clones?  Does it bring something new to the table?  I'm guessing not :(
A1200 50MHz 68030 16Mb, PCMCIA Ethernet, Indivision AGA MkIIcr
http://www.coherer.net Coherer: Electro!

Offline faki

• Show only replies by faki
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 08:00:09 AM »
Is there any active pool?

Offline sonountalebanTopic starter

• Show only replies by sonountaleban
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 10:40:24 AM »
Yes, just one for now:

http://poolamigacoin.org:22113

Quote from: faki;760004
Is there any active pool?

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »
Yes, I agree, but it works well only with Bitcoin currencies, not with Litecoin and derived (like Amigacoin), because they've different hashing algorithm.

Quote from: Pakrat;759980
If one wants to do coin mining on a 68K Amiga, the only practical way I can think of is to use one or more USB ASIC coin miners with a compatible USB Amiga card (Thylacine, Subway, Deneb). It's not 'cheating' to do this, as the coin mining software would be 68K code running on the machine, accessing the ASIC(s). It's the only practical way the Powerbook G4 I'm writing this on could mine coins, as a 1.67Ghz processor is also too slow for that sort of thing. This to my mind is the best path to take with 68K or PPC Amigas regarding virtual coin mining.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:50:51 AM by sonountaleban »

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »
If you had access to ASIC mining rigs you wouldn't be noodling around with a novelty crypto currency.  Despite contrary beliefs, there's still good gains in BTC even with the investment in an ASIC miner.

Offline Fats

• Show only replies by Fats
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 01:37:49 PM »
Quote from: Rob;759945
Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme.

Bitcoin price is determined by supply and demand, no fixed return is promised when you buy Bitcoin.
It's true that investment in Bitcoin is speculative ATM as price could drop heavily if for one reason or another demand for Bitcoin will fall.

Current fiat banking system is more of a pyramid scheme than Bitcoin. If enough people ask to convert their virtual money in the bank accounts to physical cash the system will come down crashing hard.
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
Hello,
is there any artist who can remake all its assets? My images aren't good and professional.

Thanks.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 11:16:26 PM »
Quote from: Fats;759939
Which collapse ? MtGox is bankrupt, the rest of the exchanges are trading like normal.

Exchanges trading like normal?

From the BBC today:
Meanwhile another Bitcoin bank - Flexcoin - has announced that it too is going out of business, following a hack attack which saw 896 coins stolen. It is working with law enforcement to trace the source of the hack.

"As Flexcoin does not have the resources, assets, or otherwise to come back from this loss, we are closing our doors immediately," it said.

The European Banking Authority (EBA) is set to create a taskforce to advise on whether virtual currencies should be regulated.

The watchdog, which is due to be created before July, will analyse the risk to consumers of using virtual currencies such as bitcoins.

If this is normal then I'd say there's a problem.  ;)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Fats

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;760180
Exchanges trading like normal?

Overview of exchanges trading USD for Bitcoin. An upward trend can be seen after MtGox declared bankruptcy. Doesn't look like a doom scenario to me. Also the exagerated opinion of Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert is nice to watch (continued here).

Offline Duce

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »
The fall of Mtgox really has nothing to do with value, imagined or real, in bitcoin at all.  Mtgod is no more a universal entity tied to bitcoins than the Bank of America is to the US Dollar.  A brokerage site, that's it.

Anyone foolish enough to store a wallet online deserves to lose their proverbial shirts.  My bitcoins are stored on USB keys, with multiple backups in multiple places, one being a safety deposit box.  Mtgox folding didn't affect me none :)

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 03:16:02 PM »
Quote from: Duce;760228
The fall of Mtgox really has nothing to do with value, imagined or real, in bitcoin at all.  Mtgod is no more a universal entity tied to bitcoins than the Bank of America is to the US Dollar.  A brokerage site, that's it.

Anyone foolish enough to store a wallet online deserves to lose their proverbial shirts.  My bitcoins are stored on USB keys, with multiple backups in multiple places, one being a safety deposit box.  Mtgox folding didn't affect me none :)

This is the wild west moment for Bitcoin. As major entities (ie TBTF banks) get their claws into it and as government regulators descend, it'll become stable.  Prime example is NASCAR racing, it has it's roots in moonshiners out running law enforcement.  Now it's a multi billion dollar industry.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 06:51:18 PM »
Quote from: Duce;760228
So the currency that depends on the Internet isn't safe on the Internet?
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Duce

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »
Ones inability to understand how a crypto currency wallet works is on them.  It's a pretty easy concept to wrap your head around if one was to look into it :)  Only a fool would keep their investments in any currency in someone elses hands solely without some form of "physical" copy.  In the world of crypto currency, your money does have a physical form in the form of your "wallet", which you can store on the media of your choosing.  BTC isn't legal tender, but there's still best practices involved.  I've got 25 BTC left out of the 50 I mined years ago, safe and sound because I wasn't dumb enough to hand them over to Mtgox - and when I sold the first 25, I did sell them via Mtgox, in fact.  The rest are on multiple forms of physical media in multiple secure locations.  If you're foolish enough to keep your cash in the glovebox of your car and leave the doors unlocked, you get what you deserve.

Storing your investment solely somewhere like Mtgox where you have absolutely zero recourse for reimbursement should the brokerage go belly up is just silly, and the people that watched 750,000 bitcoins effectively vanish when Mtgox pulled the plug are surely kicking their ass right now, esp when a $5 USB stick would have prevented the issue had they not put undue faith in Mtgox :)

At $640 a pop atm per bitcoin, a lot of people right now are wishing they'd never heard of Mtgox, lol.

Offline Fats

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 09:02:15 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;760238
So the currency that depends on the Internet isn't safe on the Internet?

Sure, and even the street money (=cash) is not safe on the street !

Offline vox

• Show only replies by vox
    • http://anticusa.wordpress.com
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »
Quote from: sonountaleban;759903
Ehm, no, sorry, it's just the client (=wallet). Furthermore a miner for 68k will be too much slow, usually you need a powerful graphics card like Radeon HD or (if you don't have it) a very high spec. cpu (latest AMDs and Intel). Obviously you can use Pentium 4-like processors, but don't expect a lot of coins, especially when difficulty rises. Maybe I'll make an Amiga PPC version of wallet in the future.

X1000 and high end G5 Macs do qualify. Also, Linux PPC32/64 versions can be easily compiled from Linux sources.

There is no point if it anyhow cannot be run on amiga.

On other news, I overall dislike slavemastership to coin or paper money, leave alone virtual one.

Real currencies are human work, care and emotions. Rest is an illusion.
Future Acube and MOS supporter, fi di good, nothing fi di unprofessionals. Learn it harder way! http://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja and https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja

Offline Duce

« Reply #29 from previous page: March 07, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »
Any of the PPC platforms couldn't mine coins worth a crap.  Even a top end PPC Mac mining coins doesn't come close to even a low end GPU - I have tried it, and there wasn't even a break even factor to it, really.  My 5 year old nVidia GPU's had better throughput, and nVidia GPU's are notoriously poor for mining, even the modern high end Titan's like I have in this machine don't come close to modern mid-range AMD cards.

There's mining clients for the PPC Mac platform, give them a whirl.  Not a fault of the platform, CPU's just do not mine efficiently, and even mutli GPU PC's have a hard time turning a profit on BTC.  Bitcoin is now in the ASIC age, profits wise.