Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Giana Sisters Return on Dreamcast and GP32  (Read 5616 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Giana Sisters Return on Dreamcast and GP32
« on: April 07, 2003, 08:33:32 AM »
 The Giana Sisters are returning, and there on the rag worse than before...

...I think that's where they got all there strength?

Anyhow the coders are looking for the guys who made the orginal, so they can get permisssion to release there sequal. It will be on the Game Park 32 (open source hand held), and the Sega Dreamcast among others.

I foget the link at the moment, but I got the news off dcemulation.com a few days ago.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
Re: Giana Sisters Return on Dreamcast and GP32
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 12:05:25 PM »
What was the old C64 mario clone version called, I foget
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 10:17:27 PM »
HEY, I found the link to the site with the sequal, it is also going to be on the Dreamcast and other systems, that is if they can track down the original authors and get permission to release it:

http://chn.roarvgm.com/

Please I know it ain't for Amiga, but E-mail them anyhow and let them know what you think about the whole idea.

I just saw a page where it said that the SMB clone was a Sprite hack to Giana Sisters, that is pretty kool. Has this been done to the Amjiga version, if so does anyone have it, or know how to do this sort of thing.

Giana blew Super Mario 1 away for the record. No you could not run, but that did not take away from the game at all, and the play mechanics were fine!

I am really looking foward to this sequal, and hope they release more.

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 03:54:53 AM »
 There is not any commecial software being released for the Dreamcast anymore that I know of, only the free stuff at sites like www.dcemulation.com

and

consolevision.com.

Legerdemain: You are hitting the nail right on the head when you talk about the PS2, it IS definatly an overrated piece of crap, and no the consumer does not care about quality, otherwise we would all be running Amigas instead of PC's and Macs, and we would live in a world we're people don't think that muti-tasking was something Bill Gates came up with in 95. :)

As for the XBOX, it is definatly better than the Gamecube, not only does the Hard Drive give it more capabilities than a non-hard drive system such as faster loading times, and more random events per level, costum musick, ect. But the crappy CPU is faster then the PS2 by FAR, and perhaps still faster than the Cube's PPC, though I am not totally sure on that part. On the other hand ATI could not compare graphically at the time, thus the XBOX does provide more polys per second, and has lighting effects, and other extra effects that did not exsist on any other graphic chips during the period these 3 systems were made. On top of all this the XBOX has double the RAM of the PS2, and about 20Mb more than the Cube, so you can not say a system with less RAM can pull off the same feats, in Sony's case you can't do a THING cause you are stuck with 4Mb video RAM, and on top of that there is no compression, which means you are going to use that 4MB up QUICK, which is somethign the Dreamcast was good at, it had 8Mb video RAM with compression to boot which basically means the Dreamcast could infact pull off quite a number of stunts the PS2 will NEVER do! :)

I am not saying the Cube sux though, I am just saying the XBOX is the best bang for the buck, ecspecially once you mod it.... :)

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 03:43:08 AM »
 For the note...

... I bought my XBOX used, and have not purchased a single game aside of Jedi Knight, and Red Faction 2, and I WILL MOST CERTAINLY buy DOOM 3 for it, because I am a DOOM collector. I simply could not live with myself if I supporte M$. :)

As for the system being souless, ya I agree, the Sony always felt that way to me too, I am not sure why, but both these systems feel somehow...

...un-cute? Not like a cool techy toy?  The SNES, Turbo GFX, Sega CD, ect. They had some sort of kool appeal to them, perhaps because of the expansion slots? I am not sure. I love the GBA adaptor that the Game Cube has though, now that is kool as is the E-Reader! Though I am a man of low income, so I use the XBOX A: Because it is easy to MOD and copy games onto, B: It also works as a computer. C: It lets me relive ALL of my favorite classics on one unit.

As for Halo and other games being choppy, and poorly programmed, I'd say definatly not more than any other system. It depends upon the game. Halo played smoothe as hell and had the best loading time for a HUGE game that I have EVER seen. I really can not wait to see what they do with part 2.

I wonder how soon this Giana Sister's sequal is going to be till it comes out? It has beena  while since I 1st heard about it. :/

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 04:51:33 AM »
Look closer at the pics from the PC version and the GP32 version, there is NO WAY this is fake dude, that PC version is crap and does not even have near the graphical quality of the GP32 version. Just look at the amount of detail and colors man, it is simple and plain to see.