Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup  (Read 44803 times)

Description:

Offline Minuous

Re: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup
« on: December 26, 2009, 12:51:26 AM »
Ah, we've changed threads, I see :-)

Quote from: amigadave;535102
So, Minuous, where am I going wrong? Does the BoingBag3 installation script only work on A3000 & A4000 computers? Is it my Blizzard 1260 card that is the problem? I am lost and don't know which step to try next.

It should work on any Amiga that can run OS3.9 in the first place. It should explicitly ask you what model of Amiga you use (as there has never been a reliable and supported way to determine this via the system, so best to just ask the user). Then, assuming you have selected A1200, the A1200 version of scsi.device should be copied to DEVS: (You do need to be running in either intermediate or expert mode for this to happen, though.)
  But you say this isn't happening, I need to see the install_log_file to determine what's going on on your system.

I guess there must be legal reasons that nobody has yet started to create custom Kickstart ROM chips for various Amiga models with all the latest and greatest patched files contained in them.

I did this a few years ago, actually, and AmiKit decided to cause lots of dramas for everyone, getting various people's sites shut down left and right even after the Kickstart was removed. (Including, as it turns out, a medical forum, etc. ie. stuff which had nothing to do with Amiga.) He sees himself as some kind of "Cloanto representative" since he is getting paid by them to shut down sites. If you want me to send you my Kickstart 3.9, I'm happy to do so. However, BB3 is designed to work with Kickstart 3.1; some minor modifications to your startup-sequence would be necessary to use it with KS3.9.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:05:00 AM by Minuous »

Offline Minuous

Re: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 04:10:16 AM »
>The install seems to go okay, but the two lines that are supposed to be added to the startup-sequence make it so I can't boot off that partition anymore as it stops with error messages.

Can you please send me your old S:Startup-sequence that was working for you. Which hard disk partition can't you boot from? Do you use an IDE splitter? Is your AmigaOS ROM Update the original OS3.9 one or the BB2 one? What error message are you actually getting?

>Also, can you explain to me why my system has no scsi.device after a clean OS3.9 installation?

Not really, without looking at the logfile, because it works here... :-(

You might try changing the "scsi" in the setpatch line to "scsi.device"...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:40:25 AM by Minuous »