Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Purchasing the CD or Legal Digital Download of AmigaOS for WinUAE  (Read 5588 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Quote from: BebertBocal-1;740860
apologies for this complete newbie question but are PC CD-/DVD-/BD-ROMs even able to read the files on an AmigaOS CD?

Yes.  I use a CD to transfer files between my PC and Amiga all the time.  Make it re-writeable and you can dump files downloaded on the PC onto it then read them back on the Amiga, that's how I get everything onto my Miggy without having to waste a whole stack of 'em.  I remember back in the mid '90s when PC CD's started becoming more common, it was always fun to pop them into my Amiga and see what sort of pictures/video files/sound files I could rip off them.  ;)

Only issue you might have is with long filenames.  If I can remember to do it tonight I'll throw my 3.9 CD into my PC and confirm that everything is readable, but just off-hand I'd say 99% certainly.
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos