Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello! Got a new A600 and new to Amiga  (Read 1589 times)

Description:

Offline mwdTopic starter

• Show only replies by mwd
Hello! Got a new A600 and new to Amiga
« on: October 24, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »
Hi All,

I'm Michael, a retro Mac and PC collector in Australia.

Today I found a new in box Amiga 600 and had to pick it up. I've never owned an Amiga or even used one, so I don't know much about them or where to start.

Everything is basically new in box, except the Amiga which was powered on and tested by the seller a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't even powered on the machine yet but check out the photos. The mouse/psu/disks haven't even been opened.

Looking forward to learning more about this machine.

The seller was a musician who purchased 3x back in 94 after commodore went bust in 92/93. He used one for midi stuff and wrote songs for ads back in the day, one the other two where left new in box.

Offline AmiBoy

Re: Hello! Got a new A600 and new to Amiga
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 10:06:14 AM »
Machine looks in great condition, and its always great to get the original packaging.

I suppose where to start would be depending on what you want to do with the machine.

I'm by no means an expert but I can probably point you in a few directions for hardware and software upgrades.

Have fun!
Escom A1200, Power Tower, OS3.9 & BB2, HD-Floppy drive, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000 16MB, Soundblaster 4.1, TV Tuner Card, 10/100MBit Ethernet card, Apollo 68060 66MHz with 64MB, 9.5Gig HD and 52xCDRom

Also one spare unworking bare A1200