Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C128 in an FPGA?  (Read 9834 times)

Description:

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
Re: C128 in an FPGA?
« on: March 31, 2013, 02:29:53 PM »
So the original MCC Amiga was based upon the Minimig sources? And those source changes were posted back to minimig.net, or not?  The existing Amiga core would only infringe copyright if the source changes (to make it run on the MCC) were not published, and made available upon request (e.g., download of the source).

The new Amiga core is a totally new implementation, once it is released, with no Minimig (or other GPL) components?

I'm just trying to understand here, because the allegations being made are quite serious.

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
Re: C128 in an FPGA?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:05:59 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;730937
@psxphill

I really don't care what some people "consider" a violation.  I only care about the facts. And all I've seen here is gaula92 using this thread as a personal attack directed at Frederic. Until someone cares enough to PROVE with facts that Frederic is violating the GPL, then they need to shut up and stop attacking his credibility while hiding behind an online forum.  If gaula92 is so convinced that Frederic has violated the GPL,  and he has proof of it, then he should file a law suit instead of turning this thread into a weapon for personal attacks.  Where I come from, that's called "Put up, or shut up!"  Right now I'd like a lot of "Shut Up" as far as this matter and GPL violations are concerned.

The only person that can file a lawsuit is the owner of the minimig source copyright - which is probably a combination of Dennis, yaqube and other people who have contributed to it over the years. The fact that they're not exactly screaming about this violation probably says a lot.

However I do think that the full sources to the minimig-derived core should be made available as per the license requirements, and I don't see the harm in releasing it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:31:07 PM by Hattig »