Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Error 4 In Drive Description - Why?  (Read 1238 times)

Description:

Offline dannyp1Topic starter

• Show all replies
Error 4 In Drive Description - Why?
« on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »
I've been trying to set-up an A3000T that I recently acquired and can't seem to get the HDToolBox program to properly install a hard-drive.  I have tried a couple of different hard-drives that work fine on other Amiga's but when I try to use the HDToolBox I keep getting an "Error 4 In Drive Description" error.  I've never run into this before.  When I tried to search for the problem here on the org I see where other people have run into this but I don't see a solution or what the error means.  When I first start the HDToolBox It properly reads the SCSI devices.  When I click on a hard-drive I get a message that says the drive is not installed and asks if I want to install it.  I answer yes and then when it attempts to install the drive I get the "Error 4 In Drive Description" error.   Help!!!

Dan

• Show all replies
Re: Error 4 In Drive Description - Why?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »
The version of the HDToolBox is the one that came with BB2 for 3.9.  I also tried the one that came with 3.9 on the CD.  The one with 3.5 won't work either.

The 2 hard-drives I am trying at the moment are:
Samsung - WN32162u - 2.16GB
DEC - R226B - 1.0GB

I can get the drives partitioned using a program from aminet but it has issues also.  Just what does the Error 4 mean?

Dan

• Show all replies
Re: Error 4 In Drive Description - Why?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »
I've narrowed down the problem a little more.  It seems to only happen when a Cyberstorm MKII is installed in the computer.  I tried a couple of different CSMKII's and the HDToolBox wouldn't work with any of them.  The program works fine using the internal 030 and also works fine using an A3640 card.  I have used MKII's many times in A3000D's without having this problem and I have used the MKII in an A3000T before and it worked fine but that tower was a 040 model.  Anyone else ever run into this?  

Dan