Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Games on an accelerated 030 Amiga?  (Read 3967 times)

Description:

Offline mailman

• Show all replies
    • http://www.ppa.pl
Re: Games on an accelerated 030 Amiga?
« on: November 13, 2010, 06:13:21 AM »
Quote from: ad-rs1600i;591218
Hi Everyone,

Total newbie question sorry... I am going to purchase a ACA630 for my Amiga A600 when they become available but I am worried about it speeding up the games I intend to play so they are not as they should be / realistic.

I am only going to play a handful of games namely, Beneath a Steel Sky, Ruff N' Tumble, Theme Park, Syndicate and Choas Engine. There are probably a few more I cannot think of..!! I am just wondering if these are going to run at the correct speed? Whether the authors who produced these actually factored in a 'maximum' run/play speed to compensate for the various performance of Amigas at the time I am not sure. If I had to guess I would say the early games, no! But the newer games, yes! :)

I don't recall any Amiga game being too fast and I have played using 030 and 040 on my A1200. In some you will notice speed up eg. Syndicate, Theme Park but it will just make the gameplay more comfortable.

Offline mailman

• Show all replies
    • http://www.ppa.pl
Re: Games on an accelerated 030 Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:03:41 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;591411
Actually speaking of Beneath A Steel Sky, that's a game style that often will take advantage of a faster cpu. I remember playing Monkey Island on a stock a500 after being used to it on an a1200 with fast ram and the difference is quite noticable. Another game I noticed speeds up with a faster cpu is the original Street Fighter 2 port by US Gold. It's not any smoother unfortunately though, just faster.

Faster CPU does not fill the gaps of lack of animation frames ;) It just can make the animation to be played faster.