Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion vs Cloanto  (Read 48829 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Offline number6

Hyperion Entertainment C.V.B.A. et al v. Itec, LLC et al
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 03:21:44 PM »
@thread

Don't mind me. Just making the topic (subject line) reflect the reality of the situation.
"etal" (and others) means exactly that.

Offline number6

Re: Hyperion vs Cloanto
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
how I see it...

all companies involved understood that the 68k market is the only one you can still earn money (partly because of activities around apollo/vampire). For a long time Cloanto was involved in the 68k market (emulation)

And that is where the problem started in 2010, when Hyperion stepped into that acknowledged by all (except Hyperion) Cloanto emulation market, without consulting Cloanto.

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »
And that is where the problem started in 2010, when Hyperion stepped into that acknowledged by all (except Hyperion) Cloanto emulation market, without consulting Cloanto.
But we have a free market here, don't we? This is what I mean by "competition". No problem doing so - if you have a better product than your competitor. I am not aware that there was any contract that enforced an exclusive licence for a particular market.

I'm merely attempting to correct a rather common misconception that issues only began to arise because of 3.1.4 or Vampire interest.
I'm not going to participate in the trying of the case in the forums.

Offline number6

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 05:23:42 PM »
Why those "two parties" can't simply understand that they could COLLABORATE? Really, why not?

I see this question or something quite similar posted over and over. You need to understand the timeline. Initially this was about Cloanto and Hyperion, true.
The moment the Amiga parties entered the fray that changed.

The recent cease & desist notices come from the 3 Amiga parties, not from Cloanto.
Source

Offline number6

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
Why those "two parties" can't simply understand that they could COLLABORATE? Really, why not?

I see this question or something quite similar posted over and over. You need to understand the timeline. Initially this was about Cloanto and Hyperion, true.
The moment the Amiga parties entered the fray that changed.

The recent cease & desist notices come from the 3 Amiga parties, not from Cloanto.
Source

Cloanto simply got those parties involved to gain leverage, as they did not have enough rights on their own to challenge the copyright claims.

I am pretty sure it is just a mere coincidence that Cloanto and all other parties involved have agreed the same representation on the same court case despite they are sued for different things.  ::)

And is funny how Amino all of a sudden got up from the grave.

This is not a sweet and innocent game.

No angels and no evils, just players.

My only point here is that this has progressed beyond Cloanto and Hyperion talking, for the sake of those who did not follow how this expanded to encompass more parties.
Anyway, the only active lawsuit is once again titled "Hyperion Entertainment C.V.B.A. et al v. Itec, LLC et al", so I don't see how those Amiga parties could do anything but respond. Did they not get involved "because" Hyperion filed the lawsuit?

Offline number6

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 02:45:46 PM »
@madgrizzle It makes little sense for those reasons. Frankly Amiga Inc needs to bugger off. They're nothing but a bunch of conmen.

If some party filed an unexpected lawsuit against you, in regards to a matter you believed was "Settled" many years ago, I wonder if you would be willing to just "Bugger Off"?

In that vein of "settled", think of Judge Martinez, whose court spent almost 2 years on this the last time (2007-2009). The result? Start all over with even more parties involved and even more issues to be dealt with...
There is an embarrassment factor for the court.

Offline number6

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »