Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiKitReal 8 released.  (Read 1473 times)

Description:

Offline RetrofanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Retrofan
AmiKitReal 8 released.
« on: December 08, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
We are happy to announce the release of the new full and update installers of AmiKitReal!

Free download available at: http://real.amiga.sk/

Now including new programs like Rainboot v3.2 so now you can boot with a progress bar and select among eight  configurations plus a random one, a new MorpheuZ with different images, voices and options, the Renegades Deluxe game, Cooper-Demon, a new IconMaker program by James Stalham to create your own icons or ScreenText by Thomas Rapp to welcome you with some info on screen.

With this update we are introducing two programs that are under development. MUI 4 is installed by default but you can revert to the 3.8 version using MorpheuZ, and the new DOpus 5.91 can also be installed with the help of MorpheuZ.

Five more booting voices by DJNick that will play randomly when you boot, new wallpapers and patterns and many other improvements for example in the User Menu (Magellan) to directly edit the Startup-Sequence or User-Startup, updates like NetsurfAGA, changes on some preferences or a “Better Config” program on Tools that will let you use a “Top config” on WinUAE or powerful Amiga with just a click. Seven Icon-Scripts have been created to launch some radio streams with a double click or directly from a new dock on AmiDock.

The update installer will also update the Mattahan's Icons Set for those that are using it, and I am releasing also a 16 Colors Ken’s Icons pack that will use 32 colors for each one (16+16) instead of the 512 they normally use, and that will mean a huge boost on the icon’s speed.

Many thanks to Thomas Rapp for his great help with many options of the update, update of his ScreenText program or small scripts to run a lot of options, Dan Wood for sharing his Radio stream scripts, Andreas Falkenhahn for his Rainboot program and help, DJNick for his booting voices, Thilo Köhler for his help with ImageConverter, James Stalham for his new IconMaker program and Ken Lester for sharing his own scripts to create icons. Also thanks to Neil Kafferkey for the new Prism2V2, to M.C. Battilana and AmigaKit for sharing Personal Paint 7.1c. Thanks to Kycer/CSG for ksc_TotalReset and finally a great Thanks to Wayne Ashworth and Kevin Darbyshire for the update of the Renegades Deluxe game.

Have fun!

Some Screenshots:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:22:48 AM by Retrofan »
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline lionstorm

Re: AmiKit Real Update 8 released.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:25:03 PM »
looks gorgeous !
I must try it and write a review for AmigaPower (when/if I have time !).
thanks a lot for bringing AmiKit to real Amiga.

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 02:21:14 AM »
Sounds and looks cool.  Is there a How to guide to set this up..ie exactly what is needed etc.

Any support for the PPC Macs?  I have a Powerbook G4 and a Dual G5...would be cool.  If not would a Intel Mac laptop work? Can AmiKit boot directly?  Sorry for the noob questions.  But I feel things are bit scattered etc. Needing this piece and that piece and what not.

Rich
ny

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »
All you need is ROM's and a copy of the OS (I use 3.9 on CD) to get it running, it's dead simple.

Most recent install I did of it, it took me under 3 minutes to install and get fired up on an SSD machine using a mounted ISO image of 3.9 (using Windows 8.1 system, I'm not too familiar with it on non Windoze or Linux machines).

It's really a lovely piece of software that really does not get the praise it deserves.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:47:57 AM »
@Duce I don't know if you are thinking in the PC version, this is AmiKitReal, that can work on a real thing.

@Vlabguy1 you should visit the page. You need an accelerated AGA machine with at least 030. You can also run it on emulator on a Mac or Windows, but it doesn't boot directly, you've got to run the installer over an OS39 BB2.

If you want to run a bootable (AmiPUP) AmiKit, only in a PC, you surely preffer AmiKit instead http://www.amikit.amiga.sk/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:18:00 PM by Retrofan »
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline AmiDude

• Show only replies by AmiDude
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »
@ Retrofan

Is that "chrome lady" background part of the Amikit8 package?
I can't find it anywhere.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
Quote from: AmiDude;779565
@ Retrofan

Is that "chrome lady" background part of the Amikit8 package?
I can't find it anywhere.

Yes, it's one of the eight booting images that you can select using Rainboot -or play them randomly- on AmiKitReal 8. I don't have it as wallpaper there, I think it's better as a booting image only.

It's important to know that that screenshot doesn't use RTG, just AGA. You will see that booting image even using 16 colors only.

It is made by Michael Englyst  http://www.englyst.eu/portfolio/

Offline AmiDude

• Show only replies by AmiDude
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »
Found it, thanks! :)