Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Native 68k Netsurf  (Read 35570 times)

Description:

Offline chris

Re: Native 68k Netsurf
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 11:45:55 PM »
I've dug out my old "what needs doing for OS3" and posted it on the NetSurf wiki:
http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/Todo/AmigaOS_frontend#OS3_Support
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 02:19:46 AM »
Quote from: chris;620467
Draw direct to the window via the window's RastPort (this is what my direct rendering does).  I wouldn't recommend hitting the hardware directly, you're probably not gaining much speed at the expense of extra complexity and hardware compatibility.

Yes, sorry that's exactly what I meant (draw directly to the window's RastPort).
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 03:11:37 AM »
@chris:
ive checked a little my source, which im not sure if it is exactly up to date.
1. the amiga directory needs a lot of attention, thats for sure.
2.im working with crosscompiler here, and i dont know how to issue target directly to make in bash although i prepared some sort of preliminary makefile.config. nevertheless i have halfaway assembled amidevcpp project (by hand), not very conform with how netsurf is supposed to be built, i suppose.
3. most files i tested outside amiga dir comile ok, except there is some problem as soon as css is included.
css.c itself compile attempt results in:

Compiler: m68k-Amiga-os3-gcc-4.5.0
Building Makefile: "C:\CrossCompiler\AmiDevCpp\projects\netsurf\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
mingw32-make.exe -f "C:\CrossCompiler\AmiDevCpp\projects\netsurf\Makefile.win" css/css.o
m68k-amigaos-gcc-4.5.0.exe -c css/css.c -o css/css.o -I"/usr/local/amiga/m68k-amigaos/sys-include" -I"/usr/local/amiga/m68k-amigaos/include" -I"C:/CrossCompiler/AmiDevCpp/projects/netsurf"  -w -include stdio.h  

css/css.c: In function ‘nscss_create_css_data’:
css/css.c:115:4: error: too many arguments to function ‘css_stylesheet_create’
/usr/local/amiga/lib/gcc/m68k-amigaos/4.5.0/../../../../m68k-amigaos/include/libcss/stylesheet.h:27:11: note: declared here
css/css.c: In function ‘nscss_import_complete’:
css/css.c:447:6: error: too many arguments to function ‘css_stylesheet_create’
/usr/local/amiga/lib/gcc/m68k-amigaos/4.5.0/../../../../m68k-amigaos/include/libcss/stylesheet.h:27:11: note: declared here
mingw32-make.exe: *** [css/css.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

gotta check it in the morning.. but once its solved it is probably solved for all the similar errors.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:14:06 AM by wawrzon »

Offline utri007Topic starter

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 07:00:53 AM »
If GUI is downgraded to work with ClassAct it will work with Reaction allso?
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »
btw trying to build netsurf from the shell makefile script runs into errors. there are some "/*" strings that will be interpreted as comments i believe which leads to this:

makefile:305: Extraneous text after `else' directive
makefile:305: *** only one `else' per conditional.  Stop.

besides some libs such as libcss have to be built preferably statically at this point. must see if artur has them at hand before i start to break in through the open door.

Offline apj

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 06:13:51 PM »
You need make v 3.81

Offline nicholas

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
Quote from: __artur;620677
You need make v 3.81

http://aminet.net/package/dev/gg/make-3.81-bin-m68k
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline chris

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;620510
Yes, sorry that's exactly what I meant (draw directly to the window's RastPort).

That's perfectly fine then, and exactly what I do.

Currently it renders to an off-screen bitmap and blits it across, but with direct_render:1 the drawing happens direct to the window RastPort - which might be better for AGA.

Quote from: utri007;620550
If GUI is downgraded to work with ClassAct it will work with Reaction allso?

Yes.  The only issue might be the scroller bars and split status/scroller (not sure whether this is possible under ClassAct), but it can always be #ifdef __amigaos4__ and an alternative approach taken for OS3.

Quote from: wawrzon;620523
@chris:
ive checked a little my source, which im not sure if it is exactly up to date.
1. the amiga directory needs a lot of attention, thats for sure.
2.im working with crosscompiler here, and i dont know how to issue target directly to make in bash although i prepared some sort of preliminary makefile.config. nevertheless i have halfaway assembled amidevcpp project (by hand), not very conform with how netsurf is supposed to be built, i suppose.
3. most files i tested outside amiga dir comile ok, except there is some problem as soon as css is included.

1. A lot of files can be ignored or stubbed out initially (eg. the whole of context_menu.c).  Any functions which start ami_ are called from elsewhere in the frontend rather than from the core.
2. make TARGET=amiga
The makefiles are set up for cross-compilation already.
3. Your libcss is too old (or your netsurf is too old, either way I'd advise to update everything)
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Quote from: __artur;620677
You need make v 3.81

oh, thanks mine is 3.80.
@nicholas: iif everything breaks i will try to compile under cubicide, for now i stay with amidevcpp environment.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 09:11:42 PM »
ok, guys. now after a little tweaking im able to build from bash. there are lots of warnings and errors, a few easy, others i dont know how to handle. i suppose i will have to create a new target, like "m68k-amigaos" not to interfere witch os4 version.

chris, i have here 2.6 source iirc, should i update to latest commit?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:20 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;620694
oh, thanks mine is 3.80.
@nicholas: iif everything breaks i will try to compile under cubicide, for now i stay with amidevcpp environment.

I'd forgotten about that lovely little tool, gonna install it now.  Do you recommend I get the latest wxDev-cpp v7 too and update over the top off the AmiDev-Cpp folder?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM »
ive got original amidevcpp and updated certain components only if need be for fear to run into some incompatibility and fail due to lack of support. i remember ive done one more general update to get it compatible with gcc 4.5.0 whatever it was. but im complete noob so dont expect any reliable info on my part. im just trying to get it to compile

Offline chris

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 10:06:16 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;620704
ok, guys. now after a little tweaking im able to build from bash. there are lots of warnings and errors, a few easy, others i dont know how to handle. i suppose i will have to create a new target, like "m68k-amigaos" not to interfere witch os4 version.

Post them here.  You shouldn't need a new target, if you're cross-compiling it takes a slightly different route anyway - have a look at makefile.target.

If necessary use $SUBTARGET to specify OS3 and make changes in that file.

chris, i have here 2.6 source iirc, should i update to latest commit?

Yes, definitely.  Latest SVN/2.7 has masses of UI changes.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »

Post them here.

there are so many, i have to make up my mind where to start. is there any way to dump the make log to a file? im not accustomed to shell, i am using devcpp interface for most of the time.

2.7 r11956 downloaded, it had some errors unpacking, nothing essential i think. lets see.

Offline utri007Topic starter

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 10:26:10 PM »
Thanks, I really wish that you guys success. Semi modern browser would essential for all of us
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #44 from previous page: March 09, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »
dont hold your breath.