Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genesis prefs  (Read 1496 times)

Description:

Offline lauri.lotvonenTopic starter

• Show only replies by lauri.lotvonen
Genesis prefs
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
Finally istalled OS 3.9 on my A1200, everything works perfectly but...
I installed the "internet software" that came with the cd, used Genesis Wizard to get me online with my ethernet. Internet works fine, but when trying to use Amiga Explorer to transfer files, the Genesis denies access from my PC.
Tried to open Genesis Prefs, but nothing happens when double clicked.
What (genesis) file do I have to edit to grant access from my PC?

Thanks.
A1200, Blizzard 1260 + 64mb, Indivision AGA, Subway USB, 8GB CF-HD, PCMCIA network card, OS 3.9.
And a couple of A600\'s :).

Offline Thomas

Re: Genesis prefs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »
http://www.amigaforever.com/kb/14-109

Users of the GENESiS TCP/IP software as distributed in the "Amiga OS 3.9" package may have all ports from 0 to 1023 blocked by default ("$ *.*.*.* deny LOG" line in "AmiTCP:db/inet.access" file). To allow Amiga Explorer to access port 356, add a line with "356 *.*.*.* allow LOG" before the line blocking all other ports (lines are processed top to bottom). Please note that this file is usually generated automatically by the Preferences tools which are normally included with GENESiS. If you change the settings using such a user interface make sure that in that tool too port 356 is granted access, or else verify that the inet.access file still grants access to port 356 after you save the settings. Thanks to GENESiS author Tomi Ollila for his kind help in this issue.