Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

PS2 Mouse Adaptor 1
PS2 Mouse Adaptor 1
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Dr Dekker kindly built two PS2 mouse adaptors for my Amigas, cheers mate!, they are intended for use as external adaptors but I could not resist fitting one internally on my A1200.
 It fitted nicely under the floppy drive (after some   small adjustments) and works perfectly.
 I have simply turned the "D" connector around and re-secured it using the exixting fastenings and then cut a slot in the small trapdoor next to the mouse port. (what is that trapdoor for?)So the whole thing can be de-modded easily. And yes, I know the PS2 plug is upside down.
Picture Stats:
Views: 2673
Filesize: 165.99kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: dbrads at February 25, 2007, 03:57:10 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (6)

LoadWB
September 10, 2007, 03:08:48 AM
My first thought when seeing this was that he had installed a two-sided DB9, one side out and one side in for the PS/2 adapter.  If he was going to lose the second joy port by doing this mod, I would have assumed he would just install the PS/2 port in place of the DB9...?
Homer
September 05, 2007, 07:28:38 PM
Hmm, I internally fitted an adapter into my A1200 tower, so I could have two joysticks and a mouse. Press a button and it becomes the active device. Now that would look good with this device  :idea:
DrDekker
May 25, 2007, 12:23:32 PM
The small bay's also used for SCSI interfaces too!

Inspired by Dave's mod, I'm now working on an internal version of the PS2 adapter myself (for 1D1 motherboards only).  This'll also retain the original mouse port for joystick use - so two-player gaming will still be possible. :-)
Hodgkinson
May 20, 2007, 07:59:49 PM
Errrm,
Note how the JOY0 connector has been turned to face into the case, making connecting a second joystick near impossible, and connecting a joystick whilst the PS/2 mouse adaptor is in place might go and fry the PS/2 mouse adaptor...Eg, the joystick might cause each of the outputs of the adaptor to be dragged high/low and zap the outputs of the IC one by one.

EDIT: Btw, one thing that uses the small bay there is the HyperCOM MK1 / Port Junior serial interface for somewhere to locate the extra serial port.
Chain
March 04, 2007, 02:16:32 AM
He CAN use second joystick, as you can see, JOY0 port is shared with original connector AND PS2 adapater  :-P
adonay
February 25, 2007, 08:54:38 PM
it is a great mod only drawback would be that you cant use a second joystick in there but then again we cant be games persons everyone can we