Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amedia Computer - Fresh new Webshop !  (Read 11249 times)

Description:

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: Amedia Computer - Fresh new Webshop !
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 08:10:49 PM »
Quote from: Djole;822578
In 2017. 80% browsing is done on a mobile device..... you should shoot your webdesigner :)

That's no way to treat a skilled craft person.

I think the stinkiest web pages are corporate homepages. Bloated download size for minimal information content.
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »
And public institutions, their websites usually runs on .net.
But that a side, websitesshould really be optimised for mobile browsing

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »
Quote from: yssing;822583
But that a side, websitesshould really be optimised for mobile browsing

Alternatively, mobile users should accept the fact that they bought licensed, locked down and proprietary second rate technology optimized to look cool and be completely useless compared to a traditional desktop PC.

I do so enjoy walking into mobile stores and asking for a demonstration of a right hand mouse button on their shiny shiny but useless tech toys.

Mobile device sales have peaked. The public don't want another 4 four processors that spend 95% of their time waiting for data to process.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:02:40 PM by Pat the Cat »

Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 11:07:52 PM »
Quote from: Pat the Cat;822587
Alternatively, mobile users should accept the fact that they bought licensed, locked down and proprietary second rate technology optimized to look cool and be completely useless compared to a traditional desktop PC.

I do so enjoy walking into mobile stores and asking for a demonstration of a right hand mouse button on their shiny shiny but useless tech toys.

Mobile device sales have peaked. The public don't want another 4 four processors that spend 95% of their time waiting for data to process.

You really think in 2017 people are going to throw away all their mobile devices and start buying desktop PC's again?  :roflmao:

Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline darkage

• Show only replies by darkage
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 11:11:36 PM »
start buying NG Amigas, not PCccessss!!!!!

Maybe Pat doesnt own a mobile ?

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 11:31:22 PM »
Quote from: darkage;822590
start buying NG Amigas, not PCccessss!!!

I wonder how the site looks on any of the browsers that can run on a NG Amiga? :lol:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline paul1981

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »
It should be optimised for IBrowse 2.4. :D

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 10:20:10 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;822589
You really think in 2017 people are going to throw away all their mobile devices and start buying desktop PC's again?  :roflmao:

I think the public are a lot more aware of what mobile devices are  limited to - like having crappy browsers that don't show up real websites. Then they blame the website? Cmon, if the mobile isn't compliant, then it's the mobile manufacturer's issue, selling a cut down version of the interface.

I think an awful lot of people are too proud to admit the shiny shiny mobile devices are pants. That is the real cause of the issue.

Put a mobile router setting up a local WIFI hotspot and use laptops with real OS. The difference in practicality becomes huge, simply because of the real mouse and keyboard.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »
Quote from: Pat the Cat;822587

It can't be a deal different to walking into an Apple Mac store and asking for a demo of their right mouse button ;)

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
Quote from: Pat the Cat;822609

Put a mobile router setting up a local WIFI hotspot and use laptops with real OS.

You were a big fan of the SX-64, weren't you? :lol:

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: paul1981;822614
It can't be a deal different to walking into an  Apple Mac store and asking for a demo of their right mouse button ;)

Apple stores are a joke. Always will be.

Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;822617
You were a big fan of the SX-64, weren't you? :lol:

Wrong, never owned any kind of C64. What that has to do with mobile connectivity and what a pile of crap it is for the end user I have no idea.

Using a mobile device as a hotspot  source works. Relying on a mobile device to give you full internet access is a big stinking lie.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:39 PM »
Quote from: Pat the Cat;822620
Wrong, never owned any kind of C64. What that has to do with mobile connectivity and what a pile of crap it is for the end user I have no idea.

Well Pat, joke was that "here in 2017, no one is going to carry around a mobile hotspot and a laptop just to shop for Amiga gear".  Just like the SX-64, it's way too much to lug around.  ;)

Sorry that attempt at humor went over your head, but as previously mentioned, more than 50% of all digital traffic online now comes from mobile devices (some surveys say as much as 80%).  Just because *you* might have a sub-par mobile device doesn't mean the rest of the world does, nor are they willing to accept sub-par performance from them.  For a web developer to not make their site compatible with mobile devices is just asinine, and will only cost them business.  Again, as previously mentioned in this thread.

But, carry on, I'll look for you walking down the street, I'm sure I'll see you walking back all hunched over from dragging along that laptop and hotspot.  :laughing:

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 07:57:21 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;822622
Well Pat, joke was that "here in 2017, no one is going to carry around a mobile hotspot and a laptop just to shop for Amiga gear".  Just like the SX-64, it's way too much to lug around.  ;)

Sorry that attempt at humor went over your head, but as previously mentioned, more than 50% of all digital traffic online now comes from mobile devices (some surveys say as much as 80%).  Just because *you* might have a sub-par mobile device doesn't mean the rest of the world does, nor are they willing to accept sub-par performance from them.  For a web developer to not make their site compatible with mobile devices is just asinine, and will only cost them business.  Again, as previously mentioned in this thread.

But, carry on, I'll look for you walking down the street, I'm sure I'll see you walking back all hunched over from dragging along that laptop and hotspot.  :laughing:

I'm not the one bitching about a website being incompatible with my glitzy but useless for mobile browsing website device. That's because I'm smart enough to spot where the problem is. The problem is that bundled mobile browsers are crap.

Plus, it's handy carrying a netbook with a magnesium alloy case. Very useful hand to hand weapon occasionally. Also proof against most small arm rounds, which is not something that Apple have ever claimed for any of their products.

Tablets, schmablets. Fancy a duel to see who has the toughest tech? :)

Anyway, I don't see why the entire web has to be dumbed down for dumb technology. If people want to spend their money on non-compatible web technology they can do so. If they want to claim pre-eminence because they wasted a lot of money on crap, it just makes me laugh harder.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:06:10 PM by Pat the Cat »

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
Quote from: Pat the Cat;822632
I'm not the one bitching about a website being incompatible with my glitzy but useless for mobile browsing website device.

Responsive web design has been a thing since 2001.

*obviously hasn't used a mobile browser since the 1990's.  :roflmao:

Edit - that Wikipedia article reminded me of a topic that came up during our last company website refresh. That Google is actually down-ranking pages now if they are not mobile friendly.  Like it or not, by choosing this approach it's going to cost this company - or any company - web traffic.  Their choice, I don't really care, just stating facts.  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:24:54 PM by Oldsmobile_Mike »

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 08:20:28 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;822633
Responsive web design has been a thing since 2001.

*obviously hasn't used a mobile browser since the 1990's.  :roflmao:

Name one mobile device from the 1990s that included a web browser, smartass.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 24, 2017, 02:37:27 AM »
Quote from: Pat the Cat;822635
Name one mobile device from the 1990s that included a web browser, smartass.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_browser#History