Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Evil Dead on the Prairie  (Read 4646 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Evil Dead on the Prairie
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:11:20 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;650635
"First you want to Kill me, now you want to kiss (bribe) me.  BLOW!"

Franko, if you can name the movie that quote is from, I'll give you the first place trophy in Asteriods, Starship Legend and Simon.

Now now, no helping... :D

Army of Darkness. Now where's my prize? Or is that only being offered to Franko?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: New Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:12:50 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;650715
As in the drainpipe wearing, target backed, scooter riding, The Jam listening poofs?

That was the greatest time ever circa 76 to 82, 83... :)

I was a Rude Boy (still am) and we used to fight the Punks all along Princess Street in Edinburgh every Saturday, knocked the living daylights out of each other so we did... :)

But the best thing of all was when the Mods showed up on their scooters, then us Rude Boys and Punks would team up and knock the crap out of them instead... :)

Ahh... life was fun back then... never see kids these day's enjoying themselves like that, they're too busy stuck at home playing with their consoles and PCs to know about having real fun like that... :)

Offline Franko

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:14:54 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;650722
Army of Darkness. Now where's my prize? Or is that only being offered to Franko?

Been trying to figure that one out all day... never heard of it... :confused:

PS: There is no real prize, he's just rubbing it in cos he got the job and you didn't... ;)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 02:18:48 AM »
Quote from: Franko;650724
That was the greatest time ever circa 76 to 82, 83... :)

I was a Rude Boy (still am) and we used to fight the Punks all along Princess Street in Edinburgh every Saturday, knocked the living daylights out of each other so we did... :)

But the best thing of all was when the Mods showed up on their scooters, then us Rude Boys and Punks would team up and knock the crap out of them instead... :)

Ahh... life was fun back then... never see kids these day's enjoying themselves like that, they're too busy stuck at home playing with their consoles and PCs to know about having real fun like that... :)

How often to you rewatch "Life on Mars"?  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

• Alien Breeder
Re: New Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 02:37:33 AM »
Franko: Evil dead 3 - Army of Darkness.

Really, you never heard of that!?

P.S. I used to spend my days hanging with Poli-punks and skaters when I was a teen. Never was much one for fighting though, but I did love to and still love to resist corrupt authority.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 02:39:18 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;650738

P.S. I used to spend my days hanging with Poli-punks and skaters when I was a teen. Never was much one for fighting though, but I did love to and still love to resist corrupt authority.

Evil Dead 3 is one of the best "let's get drunk and watch a horror movie" films you can sit down to... apart from Dark Star.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:20 AM »
Seems some people just cant get by in life without something to complain about.

So freaking what if J-Golden happened to "defend" Franko? How does this in any way, shape or form influence what sort of mod he might be? I have plenty of people I dont like, but Im hardly going to cry about it if someone else does like them. Never thought of judging a person on thier own actions rather than that of thier acquaintances? Personally I too was starting to grow weary of Franko's behaviour around here, but took no offense to the fact some people thought it was a bit unjust. Additionally I thought J-Golden was fairly well rounded in that thread.

That said and done, congrats and/or condolences J-Golden  :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Franko

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:27 AM »

Watched a bit of the very first Evil Dread film once but nearly died of boredom... :(

Nah... Evil Dead aint my kinda thing, much prefer Pythons stuff or Sci Fi... oh and Little House On The Prairie (always wished they'd made a Lord Of The Rings length version of Little House On The Prairie)... :)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 02:53:27 AM »
Army of Darkness only retains vague similarities with Evil Dead 1 and 2. Its more of a dark comedy/action adventure. Fantastic movie  :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Franko

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 02:56:13 AM »

Wassa "Poli-punk" !!!

Is that members of the Polish community round your way on skateboards !!!

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 03:52:18 AM »
Political punk, though I just ran with them as I've never been one to adopt group followings, for which reason I never called myself punk or what ever.

As for Army of Darkness, unlike most Evil Dead fans, it may be the only one you like...

It is total slap stick. :)

And for the note, I feel ya on the Little House sentiments, totally!

Offline Franko

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 04:26:55 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;650750
Political punk, though I just ran with them as I've never been one to adopt group followings, for which reason I never called myself punk or what ever.

As for Army of Darkness, unlike most Evil Dead fans, it may be the only one you like...

It is total slap stick. :)

And for the note, I feel ya on the Little House sentiments, totally!

Ah gotcha now (never thought it meant Political, should have guessed you rebel you)... :)

Never liked labels meself, being called a "Rude Boy" always sounded like to me we were just cheeky wee boys, Punk at least sounded a bit more rough... :)

Well if Army Of Darkness is more slapstick then I'll give it a view sometime, when it comes to "Horror" movies the thing I don't get about them is, when watching them I've never had the feeling of horror or fright so I could never figure out why they were called "Horror" movies... (well apart from the "Horrific" bad acting in some of them like the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes)... :)

Never mind here's a picture of Laura Ingalls... Drool... :)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 04:53:10 AM »
Quote from: Franko;650760
Well if Army Of Darkness is more slapstick then I'll give it a view sometime, when it comes to "Horror" movies the thing I don't get about them is, when watching them I've never had the feeling of horror or fright so I could never figure out why they were called "Horror" movies... (well apart from the "Horrific" bad acting in some of them like the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes)... :)

Do try watching it.  It is in no way meant to be taken seriously and Bruce Campbell (good Scottish name) hams it up in a way even William Shatner couldn't as the reluctant slimy hero/coward Ash.  If you enjoyed the old stop-motion animations on movies like Jason & The Argonauts then this movie is almost a tribute to it, but done almost as a satire.

Offline Franko

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 05:16:01 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;650762
Do try watching it.  It is in no way meant to be taken seriously and Bruce Campbell (good Scottish name) hams it up in a way even William Shatner couldn't as the reluctant slimy hero/coward Ash.  If you enjoyed the old stop-motion animations on movies like Jason & The Argonauts then this movie is almost a tribute to it, but done almost as a satire.

I'll have a look for it on Play.com and see if they've got it, if it's got more ham acting than William Shatner in that old Vic 20 advert then it's gotta be good... :)

While I'm at here, I've been trying to remember the names of some horror films I saw a few years back not sure if they were called "The Ring" or something like that !!!

They were set in Japan and about some weird wee ghostly lassie who haunted this house and murdered folk to death by frightening them (she kinda juddered about like she was all broken and had the biggest gub I've ever seen) think the last film in the series all led to her having been murdered and stuffed down a well but I can't seem to find them anywhere, any ideas... :)

Shatner, Ham & A Vic 20... :eek:
[youtube]kVOTi6PPKyg[/youtube]

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: Evil Dead on the Prairie
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
Some of THE BEST one liners come from "Army of Darkness" and the action/comedy scenes are just right on.

It was directed by Sam Rami, the guy who did Zena, Hercules Jack of all Trades and several other truly awesome shows that shaped my young mind...

Or is it WARPED my young mind...
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?