Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS dilemma  (Read 5766 times)

Description:

Offline danbeaver

Re: OS dilemma or not
« on: July 15, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »
I personally find the OS4.1 Experience to be greater than MorphOS:  It is highly configurable and MorphOS is not.  MorphOS seems more Macintosh-like in its firm control over the OS look and feel.  More Amiga programs run on it, more documentation exists for it, and it runs on real Amiga hardware (and NG hardware).  MorphOS as a Mac platform, is a fine product but it is not the same sense of freedom as I experience with the Amiga and with OS4.1; while I am sure great advances will be achieved in dual core support and 3D graphics with OS4.2, I will be happy to wait and use 4.1 to the best of its abilities.

Offline danbeaver

Re: OS dilemma or not
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;769057
MorphOS as a mac platform?? MorphOS run on many ppc macs, efika, some SAMs, Pegasos, 1.4 on real amigas with PPC... is not a "mac platform".

True, but it feels just as confined and limited as a mac; it doesn't feel like I'm using an Amiga, just something else that I have no control over.  Perhaps it is the lack of documentation or the lack of 29 years experience in the number and depth of programs available.

Offline danbeaver

It is spelled, "Dilemma"
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »
Yes, seriously.  And who gave you permission to attack me personally?

Offline danbeaver

Re: OS dilemma
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:37:18 AM »
Despite all the clamor and hype, Amiga.org goes on unchanged with personal attacks, unabashed anger, and open hostility all un-moderated in its full Glory!

Boy, did the new owners get a bargain.