Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS dilemma  (Read 5764 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: OS dilemma or not
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:18:40 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;769062
True, but it feels just as confined and limited as a mac; it doesn't feel like I'm using an Amiga, just something else that I have no control over.  Perhaps it is the lack of documentation or the lack of 29 years experience in the number and depth of programs available.

What kind of documentation you are looking for?
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: OS delemma
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:25:32 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;766205
Well I installed a 9800pro in my Pegasos ii today, wow. 2d looks fantastic under AmigaOS4.1.

AmigaOS detects it correctly even states 9800 in the title, unlike the 9200 which kept coming up as the 9250.

Issue no 3d which I knew, so thought I'd boot into MorphOS. Wow, new experience. Fast booting, 3d works fine (no warp3d but meh).

MorphOS actually detected the 9800 and I could get the correct screen resolutions unlike the 9200 I was using.

But now the problem, I love the look and feel of OS4 over MorphOS. I find it easier to you use.

So I'm going to attempt to theme it like OS4, why? Because driver wise/speed wise MorphOS is better.

Don't like stating that as I'm a huge fan of OS4 but I'm finding progress a little slow. The 98000pro is a fantastic card and should be supported.

You are going to need three different sets:

* OS4 themed icons
 * Window decorations looking like OS4
 * MUI theme looking like OS4

Klesterj created bunch of OS4 themed icons years ago but it is incomplete since new programs were added after that.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: OS delemma
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:29:22 AM »
Quote from: yssing;769073
MorphOS is a much amiga as Windows is.

Speaking of Windows... when I had Linux at home (not anymore, PC was disposed) I had KDE themed to look like Windows 2000.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: OS dilemma
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 03:50:02 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;769079
Despite all the clamor and hype, Amiga.org goes on unchanged with personal attacks, unabashed anger, and open hostility all un-moderated in its full Glory!

Boy, did the new owners get a bargain.

Have you tried MorphZone yet? If you dont like this site maybe it will be your new favorite site to hang on.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: OS dilemma or not
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »
Quote from: LiveForIt;769088
Amiga is computers from 80's and 90's, the only ones that use Amigas here are the classic Amiga users.

This topic kind hit the nail on the head, MorphOS is some thing different then AmigaOS, its not what people expect, but it does not need to be a bad thing. Its maybe more about individual taste.

You should not be offended by different opinions and that they like different things. Its not possible to argue some one into liking some thing else, people like different things.

Maybe you should read thread more carefully. Lurch was asking help to create OS4 look alike theme for MorphOS and then someone posts unrelated post about his feelings of MorphOS vs OS4. When people try to help him to solve his problems to find documentation he does not answer.

Thanks.