Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: duktape error NetSurf OS3  (Read 7244 times)

Description:

Offline EyMenZTopic starter

• Show only replies by EyMenZ
duktape error NetSurf OS3
« on: March 08, 2016, 05:17:20 PM »
Hello,  I trying to compile netsurf for OS3. But I have this problem hat I can not solve :angry:.
i test it on cygwin 32 under Windows and on ubuntu 15.10
could someone help me? thank you :)

Code: [Select]
administrator@ubuntu:/usr/local/netsurf$ sudo make TARGET=amigaos3
M.CONFIG: JPEG (libjpeg)    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_JPEG := YES)
M.CONFIG: PDF export (haru)    disabled      (NETSURF_USE_HARU_PDF := NO)
M.CONFIG: glibc internal iconv    disabled      (NETSURF_USE_LIBICONV_PLUG := NO)
M.CONFIG: Javascript (Duktape)    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_DUKTAPE := YES)
PKG.CNFG: CSS (libcss)    enabled
PKG.CNFG: DOM (libdom)    enabled
PKG.CNFG: nsutils (libnsutils)    enabled
PKG.CNFG: utf8proc (libutf8proc)    enabled
M.CONFIG: Sprite (librosprite)    disabled      (NETSURF_USE_ROSPRITE := NO)
M.CONFIG: BMP (libnsbmp)    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_BMP := YES)
M.CONFIG: GIF (libnsgif)    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_GIF := YES)
M.CONFIG: PNG (libpng)    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_PNG := YES)
M.CONFIG: NSSVG (libsvgtiny)    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_NSSVG := YES)
M.CONFIG: JavaScript    disabled      (NETSURF_USE_MOZJS := NO)
M.CONFIG: Amiga icon    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_AMIGA_ICON := YES)
M.CONFIG: DataTypes    enabled       (NETSURF_USE_AMIGA_DATATYPES := YES)
   MKDIR: build-Linux-amigaos3
   MKDIR: build-Linux-amigaos3/deps
TESTMENT: build-Linux-amigaos3/testament.h
 GENBIND: javascript/duktape/netsurf.bnd
make: nsgenbind: Command not found
 COMPILE: amiga/agclass/amigaguide_class.c
amiga/agclass/amigaguide_class.c: In function `agm_open':
amiga/agclass/amigaguide_class.c:330: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
 COMPILE: amiga/arexx.c
 COMPILE: javascript/content.c
 COMPILE: javascript/duktape/dukky.c
javascript/duktape/dukky.c:39:29: duktape/binding.h: No such file or directory
In file included from javascript/duktape/dukky.c:42:
javascript/duktape/dukky.h:40: error: syntax error before "dom_string"
javascript/duktape/dukky.h:40: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
javascript/duktape/dukky.c:93: warning: redundant redeclaration of 'MAGIC'
javascript/duktape/dukky.c:93: warning: previous implicit declaration of 'MAGIC' was here
javascript/duktape/dukky.c:1068: error: `HANDLER_MAP' undeclared (first use in this function)
javascript/duktape/dukky.c:1068: warning: passing arg 2 of `duk_get_global_string' makes pointer from integer without a cast
javascript/duktape/dukky.c:1080: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
Makefile:796: recipe for target 'build-Linux-amigaos3/javascript_duktape_dukky.o' failed
make: *** [build-Linux-amigaos3/javascript_duktape_dukky.o] Error 1
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:33:23 PM by EyMenZ »

Offline chris

Re: duktape error NetSurf OS3
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:05:30 PM »
Quote from: EyMenZ;805583
Hello,  I trying to compile netsurf for OS3. But I have this problem hat I can not solve :angry:.
i test it on cygwin 32 under Windows and on ubuntu 15.10
could someone help me? thank you :)

Yes.  This is your problem:

make: nsgenbind: Command not found

You need to build and install nsgenbind (if you haven't already).

I find nsgenbind ends up in /opt/netsurf/bin where the makefile can't find it, so create a link in /usr/bin:
ln -s /opt/netsurf/bin/nsgenbind /usr/bin/nsgenbind
(think that's the right way round, always have to look it up!)

However I found here that NetSurf won't startup when Javascript is enabled, it just errors out, so you might find you need to disable it anyway (by adding a line to makefile.config, see makefile.defaults)
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline EyMenZTopic starter

• Show only replies by EyMenZ
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »
i have also errors on nsgenbind build

Offline chris

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 03:12:28 PM »
Quote from: EyMenZ;805892
i have also errors on nsgenbind build

Try building it just with simply "make".  It needs to be built for the computer you are cross-compiling on, rather than the target (as it is only used for building NetSurf).
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion

Offline DNADNL

• Show only replies by DNADNL
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 07:57:33 PM »
Hello (Amiga) World ! :)

I'm DNADNL and i've got the same problem than EyMenZ : I can't compile NetSurf AmigaOS3 if DukTape is enabled. :(
I did everything chris said about nsgenbind (thanks chris !).

I would really like to enable DukTape, because it would be more comfortable to surf on AmigaOS3 then. :)

Could you please help me to solve this problem ? I'm an Amiga beginner, so maybe I won't understand directly what you will say, but I'm also here to learn ! ;)

Have a good day / night !

Offline utri007

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 12:17:27 AM »
Sorry for stupid question. You have compiled Netsurf? Do you have working exe with Reaction GUI? Do you have any problems with using it? What sources you are using?
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline chris

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
You may also find after installing nsgenbind, that it isn't in the path. Creating a soft link from /usr/bin/nsgenbind to /opt/netsurf/bin/nsgenbind might help.

Offline DNADNL

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »
Thank you for your answers, guys !

Quote from: utri007;809841
Sorry for stupid question. You have compiled Netsurf? Do you have working exe with Reaction GUI? Do you have any problems with using it? What sources you are using?

I managed to compile NetSurf 3.5, I can launch it on AmiKit, there is an interface (I don't know if it's Reaction GUI), an I can use it quite correctly (the problem is I can't see any pictures or videos). (Sometimes, a bug can happen, but I think it's because of the computer I work).
Don't worry for the "stupid" questions, i prefer to answer them than forgetting them ^^

Quote from: chris;809889
You may also find after installing nsgenbind, that it isn't in the path. Creating a soft link from /usr/bin/nsgenbind to /opt/netsurf/bin/nsgenbind might help.

I think I already did this, and I have <> (I translate the sentence from french, so sorry for the mistakes)
I looked for the folder /usr/bin/nsgenbind but it doesn't exist. That the same thing for the other folder. I wonder if the link doesn't already exists...

Offline chris

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 11:29:52 PM »
Quote from: DNADNL;809950

I think I already did this, and I have <> (I translate the sentence from french, so sorry for the mistakes)
I looked for the folder /usr/bin/nsgenbind but it doesn't exist. That the same thing for the other folder. I wonder if the link doesn't already exists...

I usually get that error because I can never remember what order the parameters are supposed to be in. :)

Anyway, it's easy to check if the link already exists:
chris@debian-vm:~/netsurf/netsurf$ ls -la /usr/bin/nsg*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Feb 29 00:16 /usr/bin/nsgenbind -> /opt/netsurf/bin/nsgenbind

If it shows up as a file (ie. no "->"), delete it and recreate the link.

Offline DNADNL

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 04:49:01 PM »
Quote from: chris;809957
I usually get that error because I can never remember what order the parameters are supposed to be in. :)

Anyway, it's easy to check if the link already exists:
chris@debian-vm:~/netsurf/netsurf$ ls -la /usr/bin/nsg*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Feb 29 00:16 /usr/bin/nsgenbind -> /opt/netsurf/bin/nsgenbind

If it shows up as a file (ie. no "->"), delete it and recreate the link.

Thanks again for your help !

I recreated the link, i just modified it to correspond to my configuration (I work with cygwin to compile NetSurf for AmigaOS3), so I have :
ln -s /home/Administrator/netsurf/nsgenbind/build-i686-pc-cygwin-i686-pc-cygwin-release-binary/nsgenbind /usr/bin/nsgenbind

I tried to compile the 3.5 release and also with the 3.6 dev and I don't have the duk_dukky.o error anymore (for the 3.6 dev, i have another error, but that's not the topic here).

However, the problem is when I try to launch NetSurf 3.5 on AmiKit V8 now. I obtain this :

FATAL 56: uncaught error
PANIC 56: uncaught error (calling abort)
Abnormal program termination
NetSurf : error code 20

I don't have this error with NetSurf 3.5 "dukTape disabled edition". The browser is well working in that case (it is only "not really" beautiful :) and the pictures and videos aren't displayed).

Offline chris

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 06:30:58 PM »
Quote from: DNADNL;809973
However, the problem is when I try to launch NetSurf 3.5 on AmiKit V8 now. I obtain this :

FATAL 56: uncaught error
PANIC 56: uncaught error (calling abort)
Abnormal program termination
NetSurf : error code 20

I don't have this error with NetSurf 3.5 "dukTape disabled edition".

Yes, I have that problem too.  If you figure out the fix I'd appreciate a patch :)

The browser is well working in that case (it is only "not really" beautiful :) and the pictures and videos aren't displayed).

Hopefully that's not an issue with 3.6dev, the bitmap routines have been changed to use guigfx (as you know!)

Offline DNADNL

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »
Quote from: chris;809976
Yes, I have that problem too.  If you figure out the fix I'd appreciate a patch :)

I can see a problem with the version date (6th April 1016). Maybe it comes from there ? A date issue as on every softwares synchronized with the Internet ? (ah, this issue, a real nightmare ! ^^) I'll try to look for a solution, but as you know, I'm not as advanced as you on Amiga OS :)

Quote from: chris;809976
Hopefully that's not an issue with 3.6dev, the bitmap routines have been changed to use guigfx (as you know!)

I can see you've unmasked me ! :lol:
I'll try to make 3.6dev work thanks to your advice.

Offline utri007

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 10:28:16 PM »
Quote from: DNADNL;809977

I can see you've unmasked me ! :lol:
I'll try to make 3.6dev work thanks to your advice.

I don't know if you have followed discussion about Chris' attempt to port it Amiga os 3.5/9? It start to be really fast with real Amigas. There is however one big problem, memory leak / or memory fragmention issue, wich slows it down after few pages.

Java is nice, but I have high doubt that it would make it unuseable with real Amigas. Maybe latter with Vampire accelerators?
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline DNADNL

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 11:12:48 PM »
Quote from: utri007;809980
I don't know if you have followed discussion about Chris' attempt to port it Amiga os 3.5/9? It start to be really fast with real Amigas. There is however one big problem, memory leak / or memory fragmention issue, wich slows it down after few pages.

I'm not sure about the fact I followed the discussion (I've read so many things that I don't remember why ! ^^), but that's right ! AmiKit sometimes rebooted all alone while I was using NetSurf.

Quote from: utri007;809980
Java is nice, but I have high doubt that it would make it unuseable with real Amigas. Maybe latter with Vampire accelerators?
I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you wanted to say here. Do you mean AmiKit is made with Java ?

Offline chris

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 11:32:39 PM »
Quote from: DNADNL;809977
I can see a problem with the version date (6th April 1016). Maybe it comes from there ? A date issue as on every softwares synchronized with the Internet ?

That's a typo, it's just a text string, it's only used for display.