Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: duktape error NetSurf OS3  (Read 7489 times)

Description:

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
Re: duktape error NetSurf OS3
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:57:33 PM »
Hello (Amiga) World ! :)

I'm DNADNL and i've got the same problem than EyMenZ : I can't compile NetSurf AmigaOS3 if DukTape is enabled. :(
I did everything chris said about nsgenbind (thanks chris !).

I would really like to enable DukTape, because it would be more comfortable to surf on AmigaOS3 then. :)

Could you please help me to solve this problem ? I'm an Amiga beginner, so maybe I won't understand directly what you will say, but I'm also here to learn ! ;)

Have a good day / night !

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »
Thank you for your answers, guys !

Quote from: utri007;809841
Sorry for stupid question. You have compiled Netsurf? Do you have working exe with Reaction GUI? Do you have any problems with using it? What sources you are using?

I managed to compile NetSurf 3.5, I can launch it on AmiKit, there is an interface (I don't know if it's Reaction GUI), an I can use it quite correctly (the problem is I can't see any pictures or videos). (Sometimes, a bug can happen, but I think it's because of the computer I work).
Don't worry for the "stupid" questions, i prefer to answer them than forgetting them ^^

Quote from: chris;809889
You may also find after installing nsgenbind, that it isn't in the path. Creating a soft link from /usr/bin/nsgenbind to /opt/netsurf/bin/nsgenbind might help.

I think I already did this, and I have <> (I translate the sentence from french, so sorry for the mistakes)
I looked for the folder /usr/bin/nsgenbind but it doesn't exist. That the same thing for the other folder. I wonder if the link doesn't already exists...

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 04:49:01 PM »
Quote from: chris;809957
I usually get that error because I can never remember what order the parameters are supposed to be in. :)

Anyway, it's easy to check if the link already exists:
Code: [Select]
chris@debian-vm:~/netsurf/netsurf$ ls -la /usr/bin/nsg*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Feb 29 00:16 /usr/bin/nsgenbind -> /opt/netsurf/bin/nsgenbind

If it shows up as a file (ie. no "->"), delete it and recreate the link.

Thanks again for your help !

I recreated the link, i just modified it to correspond to my configuration (I work with cygwin to compile NetSurf for AmigaOS3), so I have :
ln -s /home/Administrator/netsurf/nsgenbind/build-i686-pc-cygwin-i686-pc-cygwin-release-binary/nsgenbind /usr/bin/nsgenbind

I tried to compile the 3.5 release and also with the 3.6 dev and I don't have the duk_dukky.o error anymore (for the 3.6 dev, i have another error, but that's not the topic here).

However, the problem is when I try to launch NetSurf 3.5 on AmiKit V8 now. I obtain this :

FATAL 56: uncaught error
PANIC 56: uncaught error (calling abort)
Abnormal program termination
NetSurf : error code 20

I don't have this error with NetSurf 3.5 "dukTape disabled edition". The browser is well working in that case (it is only "not really" beautiful :) and the pictures and videos aren't displayed).

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »
Quote from: chris;809976
Yes, I have that problem too.  If you figure out the fix I'd appreciate a patch :)

I can see a problem with the version date (6th April 1016). Maybe it comes from there ? A date issue as on every softwares synchronized with the Internet ? (ah, this issue, a real nightmare ! ^^) I'll try to look for a solution, but as you know, I'm not as advanced as you on Amiga OS :)

Quote from: chris;809976
Hopefully that's not an issue with 3.6dev, the bitmap routines have been changed to use guigfx (as you know!)

I can see you've unmasked me ! :lol:
I'll try to make 3.6dev work thanks to your advice.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:12:48 PM »
Quote from: utri007;809980
I don't know if you have followed discussion about Chris' attempt to port it Amiga os 3.5/9? It start to be really fast with real Amigas. There is however one big problem, memory leak / or memory fragmention issue, wich slows it down after few pages.

I'm not sure about the fact I followed the discussion (I've read so many things that I don't remember why ! ^^), but that's right ! AmiKit sometimes rebooted all alone while I was using NetSurf.

Quote from: utri007;809980
Java is nice, but I have high doubt that it would make it unuseable with real Amigas. Maybe latter with Vampire accelerators?
I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you wanted to say here. Do you mean AmiKit is made with Java ?

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:11:53 PM »
Oh, so many posts to read ! ^^

Quote from: wawrzon;809984
you can enable mmu in your uae settings or even use uaeenfircer directly, typing "winuaeenforcer" command into your amiga shell under uae. [...] however im not sure what compiler and build config you use. is it some form of amidevcpp?
i use cygwin 32bits and gcc-tools (with epoch2 and autom4te2, if I remember well) to compile Netsurf for AmigaOS3, and I use AmiKit V8 to launch NetSurf. I looked for the amiga shell on AmiKit but I didn't find it (but maybe I search in the wrong place, I don't know).

im sorry for this lengthy post, and things you may be aware of, but you seem to be new here, so i may be mentioning platitudes.
Don't worry, you're right to do this ! ^^ I'll try to read the link you post on one of your posts.

i think he would prefer you to fix the browser itself, before trying to implement javascript engine. this is what ducktape is, for what i recall?
That's the aim of DukTape, yes. I managed to make NetSurf 3.5 work without DukTape, and what I would like it's to make it work with DukTape. Of course NetSurf 3.5 isn't perfect and has some bugs, but at least it works, and it could work "better" with DukTape. Or maybe I should wait the 3.6 release version, as I can understand it doesn't contain DukTape ? ^^

Quote from: Tygre;809986
Hi all!

Thanks for the interesting discussions and all the effort! I wanted to mention that linking with fortify really helps catching memory problems, maybe that could be an option for the development version of netSurf?

Maybe DNADNL could try? :)
Cheers!
Oh, I don't think I'm good enough to do this ! :lol: I downloaded and looked the fortify files... and it doesn't seem to be reachable (with my level) to create the call to fortify (I could break everything ! :lol: )

Quote from: utri007;809996
Right. It would have been better to say Netsurf, instead "it".

Java is nice, but I have high doubt that it would make Netsurf unuseable with real Amigas. Maybe latter with Vampire accelerators?
OK, I understand well, now.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
Quote from: chris;810015
Have a look at http://git.netsurf-browser.org/netsurf.git/log/?h=chris/fortify (or git checkout chris/fortify)
However... (a) that probably isn't adding fortify.h to all files (it assumes os3support.h and options.h are eventually included by everything, which probably isn't true)
and (b) it doesn't catch AllocVec/FreeVec and friends, which are mostly what I use in the frontend.

OK, I'll try to check this out, but I don't promise anything. ^^

Quote from: wawrzon;810016
but where did you get 68k backend from? which gcc version is this?

I use gcc 5.3.0, that's what "gcc --version" says. For the 68k backend, if you talk about the kickstarts, I got them via Amiga Forever, if i recall well. Hoping this is answering your questions.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:57:55 PM »
Quote from: chris;810067
I didn't think that worked for 68k yet?

I don't know, honestly. I can see gcc-3.4.6 (I think) is downloaded when I want to compile the toolchains.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 04:43:18 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;810071
since this is devcpp, as i underatand, probably the default main host gcc there is actually 5.3.0. sounds likely at least. however amiga-m68k crosscompiler backend can very well be 3.4.x. i dont know what stuff is bundled with amikit, but id expect that if someone is up to the task to install a toolchain, he will be able to tell, what toolchain it is and how he got it installed ;)..

Oh, dear, I don't know who you talk about ! :lol:

I installed the NetSurf toolchain : git://git.netsurf-browser.org/toolchains.git
I have to modify some files to make it compile ith cygwin, so I created a little shell script to correct them (as said here: http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/Documentation/BuildingForAmigaOS)
Then, I crated a link between two folders to make autom4te2.64 available for the compilation
then make distclean, make... as said in the link before (for the toolchain).

To compile the whole NetSurf Program (toolchains + libraries + netsurf itself), I have some other updates to do. I'm in this step now ! ^^

I created a script to install everything automatically. If it works well (and if you are as nice as Care Bears or Unicorns ^^), maybe I'll give you the script.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 09:15:32 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;810082
no offence meant! ;P

Don't worry ! ^^

so, afair, its the toolchain that gets built by netsurf build system automatically?

Yes, this is the toolchain used to compile NetSurf then (if I well understood what you said ^^)

i dont have devcpp installed at this time, nor am i building netsurf anywhere else currently, but maybe it would be helpful for others to see if your modifications to the scripts couldnt be incorporated, dependent on detecting cygwin as host.

OK, when I'll be sure everything works. I'm working on it.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 02:30:08 PM »
Sorry for the double post ! ^^'

I confirm I use gcc v.3.4.6 to compile for AmigaOS3 (the file is called m68k-unknown-amigaos-gcc-3.4.6.exe).

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 03:31:21 PM »
Hi amiguys ! ^^

(Sorry for the triple post !)

My script is now available ! It is called NetScript and it is a script to compile automatically NetSurf for AmigaOS3 (Cross-compilation Windows using Cygwin - AmigaOS3). Here is the link if you want to try it : https://github.com/DNADNL/NetScript

Don't hesitate to tell me if something goes wrong, but if you read carefully the README, you shouldn't have any problems. ^^

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 07:13:23 PM »
Quote from: utri007;810418
Could you relase exe to those who doesn't code?

Ok, I'm going to check if I can do it, but I'm not sure this can be possible, because you need first to install cygwin, and I don't know if I can manage this via an exe. If you have any tool to advise me... ^^
For the moment, there is a very-well-explained README to use if a non-coder person would like to give a try ! ^^

Quote from: utri007;810418

It seems that you managed to fix ducktape errors? I checked your other files, does this use guigfx / render library? Is there any known problems?

https://github.com/DNADNL/guigfxlib

Actually, I managed to compile NetSurf with DukTape, but not to launch it with. I'm trying to locate the DukTape problem.
I just uploaded the guigfxlib and the renderlib to my GitHub because it seems lha, lhasa, lhash, ... don't work with Cygwin. So I avoided the problem by modifying the NetSurf makefile to make it download those libraries via my GitHub.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 04:22:35 PM »
Hello everyone !

The new version of NetScript is available in my GitHub. It doesn't give an exe file but a tar archive containing all the files needed to install NetSurf on AmigaOS3.

Enjoy ! And as usual, if there is a problem, don't hesitate to tell me.

Offline DNADNL

• Show all replies
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »
Quote from: utri007;810463
Only thing needed to download  from github is    letsStart.sh  ?
No, you need to download the whole master branch (so letsStart.sh, scriptFilesUpdate.sh and the scriptUpdate folder). I'll specify it on the README later to be clear.

Quote from: utri007;810463
It is executed with start NetScript commands?
What do you mean ? To execute NetScript, everything is explained in the README file, but maybe it isn't clear in it.