Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus"  (Read 6931 times)

Description:

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
Re: "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus"
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »

mel_zoom wrote:
X-Ray:

If I made a derogatory generalisation based on a racist cliche and appended a "smilie" it would not be OK.

So why is it ok if its a sexist cliche?

it is the way of the world. i have been the subject of some sexist cliches before too. you can laugh or throw your own back into the fray. tho it is kinda hard to win when it is a roomfull of women.
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline jkirk

• Show all replies
Re: "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus"
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:20:15 PM »
i don't know many cliches that are deserved. they are just embellished truths sometimes to the point of not having any truth at all.

example: i have something on my mind and go get something from the fridge. i look all over but can't find it. i ask my wife where it is and she points to it. all of a sudden this becomes all men can't find things that are right under their noses. but what is forgotten is sometimes she has that problem too.

The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.