Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jens Schönfeld  (Read 14410 times)

Description:

Offline MarcbTopic starter

• Show only replies by Marcb
Jens Schönfeld
« on: August 31, 2008, 12:48:01 AM »
I know he isn't strictly a dealer but I thought he deserved a good rap anyway.

I emailed Jens just over a week ago with a problem I was having with my Buddha cards in my 3000.
Given the impending release of the scandoubler/flickerfixer for the 1200 I didn't actually expect to hear back from him for a while as I thought he would be inundated with e-mails at the moment.

I didn't check my e-mails for a few days ( I often leave it for weeks between checks, I'm lazy) but when I did, lo and behold Jens had answered me the next day.

Not only did he answer my e-mail but even when it became evident that there was nothing wrong with the Buddha cards, he continued to try and help me.

I was impressed by his generosity with his time and what seemed to me like a genuine desire to help me even though the problem had nothing to do with the Buddhas, it's this kind of attitude from people in the Amiga community that makes it so different from any other hobby/obsession, people here and in the other Amiga forums are genuinely interested in sharing their knowledge and helping a less informed person like me!
Well done Jens, you've made a loyal customer out of me!
"...but some animals are more equal than others."

Offline pan1k

• Show only replies by pan1k
Re: Jens Schönfeld
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 12:53:25 AM »
JENS is the MAN! I had purchased a Buddha earlier this year, and then a X-Surf. There was some sort of conflict with the two (Both were his products) and he sent me out a replacement MACH chip right away. I'm also a customer for life for Individual Computers!
A4K: \\\'060, Cyberstorm MKIII Cybervision 64/3D w/ Scandoubler, Buddha Flash XSurf, MP3@64, A4K: \\\'040, Toaster, Y/C, A1200: Apollo \\\'040, A1200 GVP \'030, A1200: Stock, A2000: 68K, Trump SCSI, Supra 8Mb, and Toaster 4K, A2500: \\\'030, GVP SCSI, Supra 8MB x2, Video Toaster, CD32, Minimig, Efika and Hopefully an A4000T soon!

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 12:58:58 AM »
Phew!  When I saw your post title I was worried something bad had happened to him!

Yes, Jens is great.  When I bought my Buddha the install disk was corrupt.  I emailed him for some advice and within a couple of hours he sent me a link to download an ADF of the install disk!

A great guy who designs and markets great products.  We're lucky to have him and the few others like him as that's what keeps the Amiga alive.

I'm looking forward to my new Catweasel PC soon.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline CaptChaos

• Show only replies by CaptChaos
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:46:39 AM »
Sorry for the thread hi-jack but how do I make the buddha pop up not appear on bootup? :)

Offline MarcbTopic starter

• Show only replies by Marcb
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:51:42 AM »

CaptChaos wrote:
Sorry for the thread hi-jack but how do I make the buddha pop up not appear on bootup? :)

That's a good question, I should have asked Jens that! :lol:
"...but some animals are more equal than others."

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 04:50:56 AM »

CaptChaos wrote:

Reset the MEDITATION datatype from TRANSENDENTAL to OFF.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline skurk

• Show only replies by skurk
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:57:18 AM »
I'll just confirm what Marcb said.  When I had problems with my Catweasel, I emailed Jens (not knowing how busy he is) asking for support.  And I got it: he was more than helpful, replied quickly , was very polite and professional.

Thumbs up for this guy.
Code 6502 asm or... DIE!!

[C64, C128, A500, A600, A1200, A3000, MBP+Mini, Efika/MOS2.1, Sam440 w/AOS4.1

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:53 AM »
Ditto, also had some issues with my Catweasel ages ago and got nothing but helpful responses (and a fix to the problems) - can't recommend highly enough.

- Ali

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:54:48 AM »
I have many of Jens Schonfeld's products and have met him at AmiWest 2006.

He is obviously a very talented "Individual" (pun intended) and we could use a couple dozen more just like him working on projects for the Amiga community.

I wish I had half of his talent, but of course you all know that comments like these and yours above only make his enormous ego swell to even more dangerous proportions.   :lol:
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
I can't say anything bad about the guy. He's great! We've even spent time chatting about tragic amiga accidents we've had. He is an example of what's good about our community.

I'm really looking forward to the Clone-A!
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »

Methuselas wrote:
I can't say anything bad about the guy. He's great! We've even spent time chatting about tragic amiga accidents we've had. He is an example of what's good about our community.

I'm really looking forward to the Clone-A!

Yeah me too! Clone-A is the only reason i never got a minimig. Any (VERY ROUGH) date yet?

Offline keropi

• Show only replies by keropi
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 10:52:03 AM »
he is awesome...

Offline alexh

• Show only replies by alexh
    • http://thalion.atari.org
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »
Jen's... I think you've pulled!

Offline TorajaBoy

• Show only replies by TorajaBoy
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
Same to me, his Amiga products are great, his support is fast, helpfull and reliable. I can't wait to grab my hands over his New Indivision 1200 AGA SD/FF.  

I didn't buy a Minimig for the same reason, I really wait the Clone-A who is a true cycle by cycle clone of a A500 like this  you can forget the software compatibility problems...

I have several Amiga piece of hardware from Individual Computers and I never been disapointed by it!

But if Jens is great, we mustn't forget other people like Michael Böhmer from E3B because he also works hard and his DENEB card is brillant!

If we had more poeple like this in the scene that allready understood that it's more productive to working together instead people who still want to make money with the Amiga name trademark...

But I would like to know what kind of other electronic devices application developpement his working on because it's not with our market that he will be able to survive (a complete electronic labo is very expensive, such like Digital Analyser, smd reworks equipement, etc..)

I think that we works on his Amiga project as a part time hobby.  

Hope one day, I can visit him because I stay not so faraway from Aachen.

Anyway thanks to all people who still aboard...

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »
Yep, if we had a few more like him then we'd all be happy campers  :idea:

:-D
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!