Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'The Arcade' and 'The Boss' - Availability of NOS or currently produced joysticks?  (Read 3859 times)

Description:

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Somewhat related, anyone have some proper 2 button sticks or CD32 pads they'd like to part with?

Not just with multiple buttons like the competition pro, but actually wired as distinct buttons for stuff like Turrican or Alien Breed ?

Obviously the OP has first dibs :)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;615629
First hand experience, I get used Genesis controllers for 5 bucks that work great.

Ive had mixed luck with those. Some work and some don't. They are generally knockoff reproductions though.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Quote from: Franko;615625
Make yer own... :)

It's easy to do, all you need is the two button joysticks you already own and an old mouse cable, it just a case of wiring up the new cable to the joystick and instead of having the two fire buttons linked together you just wire them separately to give you two independent fire buttons... :)

(mice cables usually contain more wires than a joystick cable to give you that one extra wire you need to make a two button joystick... :))

huh, I'll have to dig around and see if I have a spare mouse lying around.
Is that really all there is to it? :)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Quote from: Franko;615653
Yup, simple as that... :)

I'll draw up a wiring diagram and post it here later (and maybe some pics)... :)

thatd be awesome. Ive looked for a few guides online but I think I need something pretty idiot proof

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
hm. I think I have an old tank mouse where one button physically broke, but the cable is probably fine, so I'll have to try that out.

Are the wires soldered inside or ?

I guess I'll just have to take it apart :)

So on a stick where all of the buttons are wired the same way, you'd see the 9 pin having nothing wired to it ?

Bonus question: How would a CD32 pad be wired? Do you happen to know?

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Gotcha. I have a spare joystick lying around, so I think I'll test it on that one, before taking the mouse apart, since I dont have any soldering equipment

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show all replies
Hm, whats the 5 pin do ?