Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'The Arcade' and 'The Boss' - Availability of NOS or currently produced joysticks?  (Read 3858 times)

Description:

Offline FloridaTopic starter

• Show all replies
'The Arcade' and 'The Boss' - Availability of NOS or currently produced joysticks?

Competition Pro Joystick for either USB or 9-PIN connector.  Amigakit sells them, new.  Is there anything else out there that is somewhat decent?  I am not too thrilled about the joypad.  I do like the 'Competition Pro Joystick' and I have gotten a few of them so I do appreciate that they are available.

I am looking for 'The Arcade' joystick by SUZO, which in my opinion is the best joystick ever.  I contacted the company last week and they don't make them anymore.

For the C64 I used 'The Boss' by WICO.

Is either 'The Arcade' or 'The Boss' still available for sale as new old stock?

I did buy a joystick (The Boss) on E-Bay some time ago, took it apart, followed the instructions on how to restore it to its original color and finish and it did look brand new except I found broken pieces inside and I had trouble putting it back together.  So, I got some new parts and after putting it together it didn't move right.  Very frustrating.  On a positive note, the method of restoring the plastic as described on this site did indeed work. :)

Offline FloridaTopic starter

• Show all replies
Thanks for the responds.  I really was hoping there were some NOS joysticks out there, but I guess not.  Well, know I how to activate a second button on a joystick, yeah. :)