Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concern with a recent Ebay transaction.  (Read 1187 times)

Description:

Offline SkippyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Skippy
Concern with a recent Ebay transaction.
« on: November 15, 2003, 04:10:07 PM »
Hi folks,

Recently purchase an item on Ebay using the 'buy now' feature, no problems it came next day special service and the other person actually praised me for my promptness of payment via paypal.

However, I won on 5 Amiga items from another user on the 7Nov, paid via paypal that day and as of yet I've received nothing to date.

I emailed the user two days ago and have received no reply.

This is a uk transaction.

What I find odd is this particular user has top marks from praises, though looking at his other transaction the praises seem to be posted apprx 2 wks after the end bidding day.

Would you consider this a  plausibleĀ length of time  for shipping, because I don't. Especially considering the amount of money I've spent on shipping charges.

Any thoughts,

Skippy.

PS: I wonder if an Ebay user has ever died before shipping their item.
Squareroot of all fluffiness.

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
Re: Concern with a recent Ebay transaction.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 05:16:12 PM »
Yeh 2 weeks is a bit of an age. What I hate is when someone puts in Ā£5 for shipping that blatantly only costs them 50p.

Then again there are just some lazy people like me on ebay, most of the time I post off really quick, but  I've been known to ship an item 2 weeks after the end of the auction :-o
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 06:19:17 PM »
Ive waited a month or so for the 2 tamiya tl01 rc cars i used buy it now on. I was going to report them to ebay to get the money back but the persons  email was not working so they gave his phone number to  ring him up took 3 calls to get them delivered. :-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline Plaz

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 08:49:38 PM »
I've been using ebay for over 3 years and the results alwasy vary. Ebay has it's own limits on payment and shipping delays that it expects members to follow. The limits are a bit generous in my opinion, but "them's the rules". Some members take those limits to the max many times and it can be annoying. As long as the person you're dealing with has a good rating, then you're probably safe. I once bought an item that it took over 3 weeks to receive. The seller had a death in the family, had to go out of town immediately and couldn't ship until returning. 'Least that was their story. They appologized and I got my stuff in good shape. Another item recently took over 2 weeks because the seller thouht I didn't pay yet. I sent the Paypal transaction #, they checked it out, appolgized and sent my stuff ok. You just never know how it will turn out. Just look for well rated sellers. And just because they have a rating of 200 doesn't mean they're a good seller. Take time to read their feedback and make sure the 200 rating isn't... 500 auctions minus 300 bad feedbacks = 200 rating. A 50 rating should be 50 happy buyers and no bad feedbacks (ok maybe there will be one person you just can't please out of 50)  Good luck.

Plaz

Offline SkippyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Skippy
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 01:48:55 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

My only concern really is the fact this user hasn't even responded to my email.

I can only assume they have good reason, however, I do feel the seller has a responsibility to ensure prompt delivery of goods especially seeing as I've paid him prompty.

I get the impression that some people have the 'Well I've got my money, sod him, he can wait..' attitude.

I'd be very annoyed if I have been ripped off, let's hope not.

Ciao,

Skippy
Squareroot of all fluffiness.