Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: !@#% eBay or Why Piracy Makes Sense  (Read 4167 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: !@#% eBay or Why Piracy Makes Sense
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:50:56 AM »
@persia,

All is not doom and gloom, just look at the possibilities that the Clone-A and Minimig projects provide for the future of Amiga.  Yes, the original equipment will still be a collectors world where the prices for working, pristine Amigas will continue to rise, but for those that just want the experience and possibly a project for future advancement, the Minimig and Clone-A may provide inspiration.

By the time NTSC and PAL TVs are hard to find will we really want them anyway???  Any serious work on the Amiga will also include scandoubled and flicker fixed displays.  And even video work done on such equipment as the Video Toaster/Flyer and mastered to DVD will be useful for a while.

What we need is a large group of Amiga developers to jump on to the Open Source Video Toaster code and help develop the Minimig or Clone-A into something amazing at the new TV display standards and resolutions.  (wishful thinking)
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: !@#% eBay or Why Piracy Makes Sense
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:58:30 AM »

weirdami wrote:
@Trev

I'd love to have a complete and clean copy of SAS/C 6.50 if anyone's got one

My signature is selling that. I haven't tried to use the disks since 1998, though.

$100 for something that is available free as a download???

You must be joking if you think those binders are worth $100!

Donate them for free to a needy Amiga programmer that may produce something useful for all Amiga users.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)